Chapter 1: First Day

It was raining as you got out of the car and started running towards the crime scene with your friend, Akane Tsunemori. It was your first day on the job and you were already running late, how typical of you. As you ran towards the Inspector of division one, you noticed the puppet-like Drones warning the neighborhood residents to evacuate immediately. Even if this ensured the safety of the citizens, you wondered why they couldn't make them look more appealing.

Following close behind Akane you reached the tent dripping wet, you looked at a man with black hair and glasses. Not wanting to waste any more time, you quickly questioned the man, "Excuse me! Are you Inspector Ginoza?"

You nervously looked at Akane then back towards the man, "That's me. What bad luck that you two have to deal with an incident right after you got posted."

Akane and yourself brought your hands to your foreheads in salute. 

"I'm Akane Tsunemori."

"And I'm (Y/N) (L/N). We've been assigned to the CID as of today. Pleased to mee-" 

"Sorry, but the CID is very short on manpower. So I can't treat you two like newbies," he spoke in a monotone voice to the point that he sounded annoyed, well it seemed that way to you.

He tapped the watch on his wrist to show a hologram of a man, "Our target is Nobou Okura. A street scanner flagged him while doing a hue check, so a Security Drone ordered him to receive therapy but he refused and ran."

You both opened the holograms on your watches that now showed a picture of Nobou Okura running. Inspector Ginoza then continued to explain that the Psycho Pass that the Drone recorded was forest green and that his aggression and compulsion are expected to be high.

... Why wouldn't he accept the treatment and let his hue get so cloudy?... Not everyone is lucky enough to have therapy offered to them...

Akane interrupted your thoughts with a solitary statement. "To think he didn't receive treatment and let his Hue get so cloudy..."

"We suspect he could have used incompatible drugs."

... Why would someone go so far to avoid such simple treatment?...

You then proceeded to close the holograms on your watches. "Anyways he's a latent criminal now, one far enough gone that we don't need to wait for Sibyl Judgment,"  he paused, "The hassle now is that the place Okura ran to... is this block."

"Why would it be a hassle?" Ginoza looked down at you, which caused you to look down in shame. ... Shit! Why didn't I just let him finish?!...

The inspector sighed in disappointment as he continued, "Drones can't enter the building since it's an abolition block and there's no relay device."

You looked back up to see Akane giving you a comforting smile, you smiled back at her, as Ginoza then continued explaining the situation,"In addition, I heard Okaru abducted a passerby and is holding the young woman hostage."

... And he's still considered a latent criminal even though he's taken action?... Be kidnapped a woman for shit's sake...

Akanes eyes widened, "A hostage?!" 

Ginoza replied, "We know this because a bystander recognized Okura. According to our witness, he was dragging the woman."

"How old is she?" You asked while trying to keep your composure. No one would've liked to admit that they were disturbed by their first assignment, so you did your best to hide your uneasiness.

Ginozas gaze averted to you, "We don't know the woman's identity yet. But she's assumed to be between eighteen and twenty-five years of age."

You then saw Ginoza turn around and pick up two police jackets, he handed one to each of you. As you heard an engine you turned around to see what was making the noise, still holding the jacket tightly.