DEFORMED PIES & UNGRATEFUL BRATS

┌                                            ┐
1.09 │ BLAIR WALDORF
MUST PIE!
└                                            ┘

09 │ BLAIR WALDORFMUST PIE!└                                            ┘

"I mean, who gets wasted on thanksgiving?" Blair asks, annoyed, as we walk out of a shop, while supporting a very drunk Serena by her back.

"The holidays are lonely for some people." She tells us. "I wanted to keep them company."

Serena removes our hold on her, and spins around drunkenly. Blair rushes to grab her again.

"Your mom is freaking out." Blair tells Serena. "So, my mom is freaking out."

"What? Which means that you two freak out?" Serena asks. "Guys, just cut the cord, go nuts, come on."

"Like you?" I ask, sarcastically, as I walk beside them. "No, thank you."

"Let's do shots." Serena yells, and starts pushing Blair back towards the Bar, so I help Blair keep her away from it.

"We told Lily that you were buying a pie." I tell Serena.

She giggles a little, but then turns sad. "Oh, pie."

"Where is your purse?" Blair asks her.

"Uh, my purse." She looks around confused.

"Oh, great." I mutter.

"Alright, I'm gonna go look for it." She tells me. "Keep an eye on her. Don't let her drink or hit on anything."

"At this point, those instructions are embedded in my brain." I tell her, dryly, and she walks into the Bar.

Serena tries to walk away, but I roll my eyes and hold her in place. After a second my phone starts to ring, I sigh and pull it out.

"Hello." I say.

"Sweetheart, where are you?" My mom's voice comes through the phone.

"I'm really sorry, mom, but I had to help Blair find Serena." I tell her. "I'll just be right there."

"Well, don't bother now." She says to me. "My flight's about to leave, and I have to be on it."

"Mom, it's thanksgiving." I say. "Can't we just spend one family holiday, being- I don't know- an actual family?"

"Honey, I already told you how important it was that I fly out today." She replies.

"It always is, isn't it?" I ask, harshly. I take a deep breath to calm myself, and the begin speaking again, in a calm tone. "Look, mom, you flew in this morning, and now you need to go again, how are we supposed to spend any time together?"