REPULSION & MIDNIGHT TASKS

┌                                           ┐
1.12 │  SCHOOL LIES
└                                           ┘

12 │  SCHOOL LIES└                                           ┘

"Agh, I hate Chuck." Blair fumes. "He's an annoying-"

"B, I really don't wanna know." I sigh. "Remember, I told you that I don't wanna listen to whatever is going on between you both because he's almost my brother, and you're my best friend, and I really don't wanna come in between that."

"Fine." She says, stubbornly. "But it's not like I can talk to Serena about it, she's always so judgmental, which is ironic, given everything she's done."

"Yeah, I don't wanna get in the middle of my two best friends, either." I tell her. "So, fly away, little birdie."

She rolls her eyes, but still walks away, and I finally start to enjoy my drink, in content.

"Isabella!" The voice says, and I let out an annoyed sigh. "Would you please talk to me?"

"And here I thought that you weren't as dumb as you looked." I tell him, and stand up. "I'm not gonna talk to you because I don't want to."

"But how am I supposed to apologize if you won't hear me out." Alex asks me.

"You're not supposed to apologize, you're supposed to take a hint." I tell him, and he looks genuinely sad, so I decide to cut him some slack. "I don't trust words once you lie to me. So, if you're really sorry, you're gonna have to show me."

And with that I walk off, along the room, and as if my luck wasn't bad enough, I bump into someone. I would've fell, if the other person didn't help me regain my balance, by grabbing my arms.

"I'm so sorry." A familiar voice says, hurriedly.

"Stalker boy?" I ask.

"Right, yes." He says. "Not gonna stop calling me that, are you?"

"Nope, but you can still hope." I tell him. "I love to take away your hope."

"How are we friends?" He asks, in disbelief.

"Because I'm awesome, and you're desperate." I tell him, and turn to the girl, who was filming us. "And, you are?"

"Vanessa Abrams." She tells me, and offers me her hand, and I just stare at it in indifference, and she takes it back. "Dan's-"

"Yes, Dan's best friend." I complete. "I really don't see what Serena was so worried about."

"You know, you really fit the stereotype of spoilt rich kids." She tells me.