DEMISES AND DIMES

┌                                           ┐
1.16 │ ALL ABOUT MY
BROTHER
└                                           ┘

16 │ ALL ABOUT MYBROTHER└                                           ┘

"Okay, why do I have like a hundred missed calls from your boyfriend, and just one text from you telling me to ignore him?" Blair hooks her arm with mine, as we walk through the hallways at school, making our way towards The Mets steps, to meet Serena. I sigh.

"Probably, because, he's not my boyfriend anymore." I tell her.

"What?!" She stops abruptly.

"Yep." I tell her.

"When did that happen?" She asks me.

"On the day of the SATs." I answer.

"Details." She presses, as we start moving again.

"It's just- it's..." I trail off, not knowing what to say. "We had different ideas, of what a relationship's supposed to be."

"I'm sorry, Iz." Blair tells me, sadly. "I was the one, who encouraged you to put yourself out there, and you got hurt because of me."

"Hey, no." I stop, and turn towards her. "Because of you, I finally know what I want. You made me realize, that I'm not gonna find someone, being closed up. I have to put myself out there."

She gives me a bright smile, which I return. "You're welcome." She tells me, and I laugh. "So, you're good?"

"I'm great." I tell her.

"Okay, then." She says. "On to more important topics then." She pauses for a second, as we approach the steps, and exchange greetings with Serena, and sit down. "Like how Jenny Humphrey's throwing a party at her fancy boyfriend's house, and I'm not invited."

"Oh, that Asher kid?" I ask, and Blair nods.

"It's a snub from one party, B." Serena says. "Plus what's the big deal anyway, you don't even like Asher."

"I didn't like last season's, Louis Vuitton patchwork bag, either." Blair tells her. "But that doesn't mean, I wanna see it all over town, on Jenny Humphrey's arm."

"Touche." Serena replies.

"What do you guys say, we have a girl's night out tonight?" Blair asks.

"Oh, I'm sorry." Serena tells her. "I have dinner with the family."

"Aw, I thought, I'd have a little me time." I pout.

"Let me remind you of a little promise, you both made." She starts, sternly. "'Don't go to France, we'll be there for you'."