SATAN & STABBINGS

┌                                      ┐
1.10 │ HI, SOCIETY
└                                      ┘

10 │ HI, SOCIETY└                                      ┘

Me, Blair and Serena were walking side by side, while we were out shopping for the Cotillion.

"I'm actually glad I'm going with Prince Theodore instead of Nate." Blair tells us.

"Theodore." I scoff. "Sounds like something you'd name a mouse."

"Anyway, the further away from the breakup, the more self-involved I see how he was. Always so brooding, so tortured, ugh. A girl wants Romeo, not Hamlet." She continues.

"Romeo died." Serena says.

"Yeah, but he died for something exciting and I want my debutante ball to be something to die for." Blair tells us.

"Romeo didn't die for something excited, he died for something stupid." I tell her, and she rolls her eyes. "Love's stupid, and people in love, stupider."

"All I get from Nate is some rozay in the back of a town car, but with the Prince, I get a security detail and a high-speed chase to the Pierre after it's over." Blair says, while hooking her arm with both of us.

"Nice to see where your priorities are." I say, sarcastically.

"Oh, I can see you on the cover of 'Hello!' already." Serena tells her.

"Don't encourage this behavior." I say, playfully.

"Yeah, well try 'The New York Times'." Blair replies, and I roll my eyes.

"And you encouraged this behavior." I tell Serena, and then change the topic. "Is your mom mad that you're not being presented?"

"Well, she doesn't really have a leg to stand on, since I found out she used to be my boyfriend's  father's biggest fan." Serena tells me.

"Yeah." Blair says smugly.

"Ew! It sounds so gross when you say it out loud." Serena says.

"And it doesn't when you think about it?" I ask her, and she makes a disgusted face.

"Silly me, here I actually thought you wanted to go." Blair says.

"Uh, I'm here, aren't I?" Serena asks.

"Yeah, only cause your grandmother's meeting you there." Blair says.

"Blah, blah, blah, blah." Serena says.

"You know, you'd be surprised by how many times I hear then when you're speaking." I tell her.