Chapter five ~ Saved by the farmer boy

Adriana's Pov-

"Urm, absolutely not" I laughed in disbelief, staring down at the horse poop in front of me. I watched as Trevor picked up a shovel and handed it to me, my eyes looked at it and back up to him.

"Did you not hear me? I said no, i could get some type of disease" I complained, folding my arms over my chest.

Trevor rolled his eyes before pulling a pair of yellow rubber gloves out of a basket. "This is why we wear these..this is the first job we do every morning, so the stables are nice and clean for the rest of the day" he chucked the gloves at me, I sighed as I caught them and slid them on.

Slowly picking up the heavy shovel, I watched what Trevor was doing first and began trying to copy his actions. Letting out a deep breath, I scooped up a big clump of poop and gagged as I tried to lift it up and put into the trash.

"No, I can't" I said, letting go of the shovel making it slam onto the floor. My feet shuffled back, bumping into the brown horse behind me.

Suddenly, all hell went lose and I was tripping over my own feet as the horse let out a strange sound. My eyes went wide as I saw it's feet ready to kick back right into me, but before it could I was pulled out of the way by a strong pair of arms. A loud squeal left my mouth, my eyes shut tight as I heard the horse's feet slam into the wall..that could of been my face.

"Woah,woah.." I heard Trevor's deep voice, that's when I realised he had a firm grip on my waist. My green eyes slowly opened..to see his face inches from mine but he was looking at the horse, trying to calm it down. Ignoring the strange tingling sensation his touch was giving me, I quickly pulled from his grip causing his head to snap towards me.

"You good?" He asked but before I could reply, the door to the stables flew open and my Grandpa Keith's head popped inside.

"What on earth happened, we heard the horse and your sequel from outside" His voice laced with worry as he looked from me to Trevor.

"I'm fine, just a little trip and I bumped into the horse.."

Before I could finish my sentence, two voices could be heard behind me. "Are you going to actually show us a horse, Or should we rent one else where?"

My eyebrows furrowed, tilting my head to look behind him. My eyes lit up when I saw a blonde haired guy, around my age. His chocolate brown eyes sparkled and two small dimples where imprinted on each cheek. By the clothes he was wearing, you could definitely tell he was from a wealthy background. To his left, was a short girl who looked rather a lot like him..just a little younger.

I'm guessing they are siblings, maybe?

"Oh my gosh" I yelped as I jumped back.

It's just my luck for a really beautiful guy to turn up when I am in a pair of disgusting blue overalls, messy hair and smell of horse manure.

"You must be new around here, I definitely wouldn't forget a face like yours" the guys voice spoke up, my eyes caught onto he's and watched as a small smirk grew across his face.

I could feel both my Grandpa and Trevor's eyes on me as I shuffled from one foot to another.

"Um, yeah..long story short, i was basically forced to be here all summer" I giggled while rolling my eyes.

"I'm Adriana, but you can call me Ari" I finished of my sentence with a smile.

I watched as he nodded, still with a smirk across his face. "Nathan..this is my sister, Willow" he simply told me before my Grandpa interrupted.

"Well then, if everything is good here..then you and Trevor can head inside, your grandma should have breakfast ready" He said before facing Nathan and his sister.

"Sorry about the interruption..follow me guys, the winning horse's are right down here" I heard his voice trail off, I glanced over my shoulder at Nathan as I followed Trevor out of the stables, he winked making me instantly blush before the doors slammed shut.

"So, not even a Thankyou for saving your life?" Trevor spoke up, snapping me from my daze.

"Huh?" I looked up at him as we walked over the grassy hill and towards the house.

"You know..back there?" His thumb pointed behind him.

"Oh yeah, thanks" I simply said, my mind was so clouded with thoughts of Nathan and his incredibly handsome face.

Maybe summer here isn't going to be so bad after all.

•••