Chapter eleven ~ Flying sparks & tingles

Adriana's Pov-

After cleaning the pigs, Grandpa Keith told me I could go and take a shower and have the rest of today off and god was I happy to be back in one of my usual, extra and super girly outfits.

"Finally, I actually look like myself again" I sprayed some perfume before adding my favourite necklace and a matching bracelet, glancing at my reflection in the long mirror.

Grabbing my purse and a pair of sunglasses, I rushed out my room and down the stairs

Grabbing my purse and a pair of sunglasses, I rushed out my room and down the stairs. My plump lips rubbed together as I put my purse and glasses onto the table, searching the cupboards for a glass. Finally finding one, I trotted over to the sink and filled it up with some ice cold water.

"Why does it look like there's a gigantic orange balloon in the kitchen?" I heard a deep familiar voice, I turned around to see Trevor smirking at me.

"You calling me fat?" I placed the now empty glass into the sink before facing him again, my arms folded across my chest.

"No.." he trailed off, walking closer to me.

His strong cologne filled my senses, seeing him in usual clothes and not his overalls, was different. His grey button up shirt, clung to his body..being sure to show of his defined muscles on his arms.

He was now only a few inches from me and I watched as his hand slowly lifted towards me, gently tugging at my puffy sleeve. "I'm saying these things on your shirt, are fat" He chuckled, letting go and gently moving me out of the way so he could wash his hands in the sink.

"Hm, whatever" I rolled my eyes. I watched as he dried his hands of on the towel, his body facing me again.

"Anyways, you had a visitor this morning" his teasing tone of voice seemed to change to serious in a matter of seconds.

"I did?" My eyebrows furrowed, he nodded.

"Nathan" He stated and I couldn't help but roll my eyes at the mention of his name.

I don't know how I feel about him, especially after how strange he acted the other day when he came to collect the horses.

"Ah, you two.." I heard my Grandmas sweet voice. She came in, carrying a brown paper bag filled with groceries.

"You wouldn't mind putting these away for me now would you? I really need to pee" she said, dropping the bag down onto the wooden table.

"Sure" Trevor answered and she soon rushed out of the kitchen and up the stairs.

Both me and Trevor went to reach for the bag, our hands slightly brushing against each other's. My breath hitched, slowly looking up at him.

His eyes where glued to mine for at least ten seconds, before he awkwardly cleared his throat and pulled a loaf of bread from the bag. I shyly looked away, grabbing the carton of apple juice and putting it into the refrigerator.

A few moments later, my grandma Emmie's voice broke the silence. "Thankyou" She said, scanning our outfits.

"How come you guys aren't working, anyway?" She looked between us. Before either of us could reply, my grandpa came strutting inside.

"I told them both to have the rest of today off.." He told her, my eyes looked over at Trevor. Here I was thinking I was special having the rest of today off, but he does too.

"The farm is awfully quiet today, not much to do" he continued, then looked over at both me and Trevor.

"I thought Trevor could show you around the town Adriana, It would be good for you to know your way around..you are going to be here all summer after all" He suggested.

"Oh..that's ok, I will go with Grandma some other time. I don't want to bother-"

"I don't mind" Trevor cut me off, I looked from my grandpa and back to him.

"Okay" I smiled, grabbing my purse.

•••