Chapter seven ~ Drunken mess

Adriana's Pov-

"This feels crazy, usually I'm the one throwing parties" I laughed, looking over at Nathan.

One of his hands swept through his blonde locks while the other stayed on the steering wheel, his chocolate brown eyes glanced at me before focusing back on the road.

"Oh yeah? So I'm guessing your popular back home" He implied and I simply nodded, looking out the window at the passing by trees.

As much as I hate to admit it, Trevor was right about me being crazy. I'm literally in a car with a guy I met a few hours ago and only spoke to once. But I had to get away from that smelly farm..who knows this might be the only chance of fun I'm going to be able to have all summer.

The car soon came to a stop, I could hear loud music thumbing through the house in front of us. The neighbourhood looked pretty quiet, like my grandparents told me..almost everyone around here knew each other, it is a small town after all.

Nathan slung his arm around my shoulder and I smiled as he lead me up the steps to the house, his knuckle tapping on the white door.

The smell of weed and sweat hit me as the door flew open, a guy with a cigarette in his mouth instantly pulled Nathan into a bro hug before scanning my body. "Who's the new chick?" He nodded his head towards me.

Before Nathan could even reply, I held my head high. "I'm not a chick and my names Adriana, Ari to my friends" My eyes squinted at the red haired guy, his eyebrows raised.

"I like you already" He moved his body out of the way of the door, blowing a puff of smoke from his mouth. I pulled a disgusted face from the smell, before following Nathan inside.

"I will go get us some drinks" He yelled over the loud music.

"Wait, you can't just-" I looked around and saw he was already gone. "Leave me here alone" I whispered to myself, scanning the room.

In the middle of the living room, drunk teens where dancing to the blasting music. A lot of the corners where filled with people making out and basically dry humping each other, just your typical basic teen party I guess.

"Here" I jumped back when I felt Nathan whisper in my ear.

"Thanks" I smiled at him, taking the red beaker from his hand. "What is it?"

"Vodka and cola" he replied, placing his drink to his lips. My green eyes widened as he gulped it all down in one go.

"Wait, aren't you driving?" I looked down at his now empty cup.

"One drink won't hurt Ari, now come on" He pulled my arm and we where soon in the middle of the room, surround by shouting teens.

I shook my head, gulping down my drink and letting loose. My hair was swishing behind me as I began to dance, Nathan's hands landed on my hips and I laughed as we both moved to the beat of the music.

Drink after drink, I was beginning to feel the affect of the alcohol. The room began spinning and my crazy thoughts began to enter my head, pulling from Nathan I walked over to the kitchen.

Before I new it, I had slipped my heels of and was now stood in the middle of the kitchen table. "Do you have a pool?" I screamed, everyone began to cheer.

"Well then, who wants to go skinny dipping" My arms swung up into the air, before I slowly began to pull at the end of my dress. Everyone began to cheer even louder as my purple dress began to slowly pull up my thighs, a drunk giggle left my lips. My gaze landed on Nathan, he was nibbling on his bottom lip watching me and suddenly, I gained a lot of confidence just by looking at his beautiful face.

My dress was seconds way from revealing my underwear, when I was suddenly yanked off of the table and chucked over someone's shoulder.

A familiar cologne filled my nostrils and before I new it...everything went black.
-

Trevor's Pov-

"Hey man, I've got it" a voice came from behind me as I slowly placed a sleeping, drunk Adriana in the back of my blue truck.

My head turned to see Nathan, he was walking towards me. "I already buckled her up" I shut the door and walked around to the drivers side.

"She's going to be confused, I told her I'd drive her home-" his hands landed on my truck.

"She's Mr and Mrs Wilkons granddaughter, which makes her my responsibility too. Now get your hands off of my truck and back of..your lucky I haven't beat your ass for getting her in the state she's in" I warned him, I watched as he hands slid off of my truck with a smirk on his face.

"Whatever you say, farmer boy" Ignoring him, I pulled open my door and drove off.

It was almost midnight when I arrived back at the farm, I slowly pulled Adriana from the back seat and carried her bridal style into the house and up the wooden stairs, being careful not to wake Keith or Emmie.

Pushing open her bedroom door, I placed her on the soft bed. She made a small groan as she snuggled into her blanket, her eyes where shut tight making her long dark eyelashes stand right out.

My hand gently pushed a piece of her golden brown hair away from her face, making her small freckles on her cheeks more visible. "Only your second night here and your already causing trouble" I whispered, my hand leaving her long hair as I lifted from the bed.

My back rested on her door after I shut it quietly behind me, I must of stared at the black vase in the middle of the hallway for a good thirty seconds before making my way to my room.

Why does a small part of me feel soft for a girl I hardly know? Pull yourself together, Trevor.

•••