Chapter twenty one ~ Trouble...

Adriana's Pov-

I remember being young, watching Cinderella and dreaming about who my Prince Charming would be. It was always a vivid flash of a tall guy with blonde locks and dressed in smart tuxedos. Someone who would peck my cheek and take me to fancy restaurants and gala's. His hair would always be slicked back and we would live happily ever after.

But now, staring at Trevor...I realised that I am falling for a completely different image. His messy dark hair and ocean blue eyes, tattooed arm and casual clothing. He comes from a dark past, yet to me he is the most colourful person I have ever met.

I don't need posh restaurants and gala's, as long as I'm around him. This moment right now, in this beautiful cornfield as our horses trot us back home...is something I wouldn't exchange.

Does everything really happen for a reason? I believe it does. I was meant to come here, it snapped me out of the fairy tale I thought I was living in. Shopping around and waiting for that 'perfect' guy to come my way, partying and living my life with zero responsibilities. Taking advantage of the caring parents I have, spending their hard working money.

Life isn't a fairy tale, life's difficult. I was just to busy being selfish to realise that. But Trevor, he changed me, he showed me reality. The perfect guy doesn't exist, but the real guy does. And that guy, is Trevor. He's been through shit, yet he still holds his head high and gets on, holding no grudges.

That to me, is attractive. This damn farmer boy and his stupid smirk, has drawn me in and I don't think I ever want to let go.

"Here boy" I heard Trevor mutter to his horse, making me snap from my thoughts and realise that we where back on the farm. My lips still tingled from the kiss we shared an hour ago, my cheeks flushed red at the thought of it as I hopped off of my horse.

"You can go inside, I will quickly take them back to the stables" Trevor told me, I stroked the horses nose before looking over at him.

"You sure?"

He nodded, I handed him my horses rein and we just looked at each other for moment. Before I slowly turned to walk towards the house, I glanced over my shoulder to see him watching me as I walked away.

"Stop gawking at me, dork" I teased and watched his lips turn upwards.

A giggle left my mouth before I turned away, entering the house.
-

Trevor's Pov-

"Fresh water, drink up you guys will need it" I patted both of the horses, before closing the door to the stables.

"So, the farmer boy talks to horses too?" A familiar voice startled me.

I spun around, rolling my eyes. "What are you doing here, Nathan?"

"Isn't it obvious? I want to see Adriana, every time I've been coming around I'm either told she's busy or is not home" He explained.

I walked past him, running my hand through my hair. "Maybe that's her trying to give you a hint that she's not interested, you must just be to dumb to realise it"

He laughed, following behind me as I walked away from the stables. "How would you know she's not interested?"

Maybe us locking lips, not even two hours ago.

"I don't" I shrugged. "Just a guess"

My body stopped, turning to face the dickhead again. "I mean, you did get her drunk at a party to the point she nearly stripped her clothes off, if I hadn't of been there-"

"Ah, I see what it is" He pointed his finger at me. "You think that you, have a chance with her because you 'saved' her. You really think she would be with someone like you?" He spat, making me clench my fists.

"Please enlighten me Trevor, what do you have to give her? Oh, that's right nothing" He smirked. "I'm the one with the money, the kind of guy her parents would want her to be with"

"Not a worthless piece of shit like you, where's your education? Didn't you drop out off school, you will be broke, cleaning up horse shit for life"

That was it, my fist collided with his stupid face. His head snapped back from my impact, before glaring back at me. He raised his arm, about to punch me when Keith's voice stopped us. "Hey, hey!"

"What is going on here?"

"He just fucking punched me" Nathan wiped the blood from the side of his cheek. "He should be fired, attacking your visitors like that, he's crazy"

I tried to lunge for him again, but Keith stopped me with his arm on my chest. "Trevor, what's wrong with you!?" he looked at me.

Shaking my head, I pulled away from his grip and stormed off. Anger travelling through my full body, I was mad at myself for hitting him but also mad at the fact he was right...

I'll never be enough for Adriana.

•••