Chapter twelve ~ Alisa's diner

Adriana's Pov-

I couldn't help the smile that spread across my face as I stared out of Trevor's trucks window. The neighbourhoods looked so clean, not one bit of litter on the ground. Children played on bicycles while their parents sun bathed in their front yards, the sun lighting up their pretty homes.

We soon came onto a highway so I tore my gaze away from the window and onto Trevor. Secretly admiring his side profile, the warm breeze from the open window made his dark hair blow onto the top of his forehead.

Cute.

I couldn't help but trail my eyes down his body, why is it so freaking hot when a guy drives?

Being this close to him, finally gave me a chance to look at his tattoos. Quickly scanning them, my eyes landed on the word "faith" before his head turned to look at me then back onto the road.

"You know, you should really start taking pictures of me..you stare to much" he teased making me roll my eyes.

"Where are we heading first?" I asked, instantly changing the subject.

"Well, it's lunch time so I thought we could go to the local diner" he suggested and I nodded with a smile, staring back out the window.

The truck soon came to a stop and I peered over at Trevor before looking around the area. The parking lot was pretty full as I hopped out of the truck, my eyes landing on the cute diner across the street.

"So, I'm guessing someone named Alisa owns this?" I asked, pointing up at the sign above the door.

"How'd you guess?" He faked a surprise face, making me laugh before he gently placed his hand on the bottom of my back, leading me towards the entrance.

The area he was touching soon went cold when he let go, pushing open the glass door. People's chattering died down when the bell on the door rang, heads snapped in our direction before turning back to their conversations.

"Trev!" I heard a woman call out, my eyes snatched in the direction it came from to see a middle aged woman leaning on the counter.

"Hey, Alisa..you don't look busy today" He said, walking towards her. My feet began moving, quietly following behind him.

"No, but that's a Sunday for you" she chuckled before her eyes landed on me. "And who is this beauty?" She took me by surprise, opening up the gate that lead to behind the counter and rushing over to me, pulling me into a hug.

"I'm Adriana" I smiled, her eyes widened as she scanned my face.

"The Adriana..as in, Emmie and Keith's granddaughter!" Her eyebrows raised, I nodded my head.

"Trevor!" She smacked his arm. "You didn't tell me you where bringing her here today, I would of already had something cooked up for her" she told him.

"I didn't know I was bringing her here either" he shrugged and Alisa only frowned before looking over at me.

"What's your favourite dish?" She beamed.

My eyes scanned the tables, people seemed to be either eating greasy burgers or steaks. "Um, well I'm not the biggest meat eater.."

"That's ok! I have just the thing for you..my very own salad with a special homemade sauce" she pushed us over to a booth, both of us plopping down.

"And you..just your usual?" She looked at Trevor to which he nodded, she smiled at us both before whisking away.

"So everyone really does know eachother here, huh?" I laughed.

Trevor placed his elbows on the table, folding his hands together. "Yeah.." a deep chuckle slipped past his lips. "The population here is only 208" He told me, my eyes instantly widening.

"Wow, that's a small amount of people..for one town" I replied, I was so used to living in a city.

"In Los Angeles, you meet a new person everyday..I wouldn't know if you where new around or if you had lived there for years" I told Trevor, he began laughing.

"Hey, I wanted to say..I'm sorry about last night. It was wrong of me to ask you such a personal question.."

"It's okay, really" He reassured me, leaning back in his seat.

I smiled, my stomach began growing as I looked around the diner. The decor was pink and white, very girly. I wasn't complaining, I absolutely love the colour pink.

Alisa soon came back, placing a huge cheese burger and fries in-front of Trevor, ew

Alisa soon came back, placing a huge cheese burger and fries in-front of Trevor, ew. My mind began to wonder how he had that body of his..if he eats, that. My eyes landed on the salad she had slid by me, it was filled with crunchy lettuce, tomatoes and cucumbers..then a brown coloured sauce splattered on top.

It was delicious.

-

Trevor's Pov-

I watched as Adriana picked up the napkin to laugh at my joke, being sure to cover her mouth. Me on the other hand, didn't care. My mouth opened wide, probably giving the whole diner a view of the food inside my mouth as I laughed.

That was the difference between me and her..she was a city girl. Brought up with manners and from a wealthy background, me..well I was just dragged up.

She would never be with a guy like me.

I looked down at my now empty plate. "Where to now?" Her voice filled my ears, my blue eyes shot up to her beautiful green ones.

She checked her appearance in her small hand mirror, before facing me with a smile on her face. For a moment, I took my time to scan over her features. Her small straight nose and those plump red lips...

"The lake?" I suddenly suggested, snapping myself from the daze I was in and watched as her eyebrows furrowed.

"What?" She chuckled.

"There's a lake everyone goes to every summer..just come on, you will see when we get there" I lifted from my seat and watched her confused face before she shuffled out of the booth.

We both sent Alisa a wave, before rushing outside and back into my truck.

•••