Chapter 5.1

Chapter 5: Twitches

SHERYL's POV

"Le'Eah, hey, I'm not sure if you can hear me, but- I just- I don't know, I've been so lost without you, I can't eat without thinking of the food you would cook for me, I can't sip on wine or any alcohol on weekends because your voice keeps ringing in my head telling me to not drink too much."

I spoke to this angel that has been bedridden and unconscious for 2 years.

I sighed as I caressed her cheek with my hands, usually she would shiver under my sudden touch, but here she is in a position I would never imagine her in, bedridden and motionless... Just the constant rising of her chest.

"Remember the time we went to the rooftop of that building next to The OZ studio and sang ocean eyes until we fell asleep? Or the time we bought Billie Eilish and TSNMI Merchandise just to take pictures and get them printed to add to your Billie and Kehlani picture collection? Or When you forced me to dye my hair green and you dyed your hair black, we called ourselves the avocados? I can never forgot moments with you, never, I won't dare to ever forget them, because all of those things we felt were pointless then, are the whole reason why my love for you grows stronger every day." By then I was in tears, cursing at the world for what has happened, questioning my existence without her.

Somewhere, somewhere deep inside I still have that undying hope and faith that this girl lying in bed, motionless, is and will forever be the girl I want to see at the altar one day, the girl I wanna kiss at midnight on New Years, the girl I wanna kiss under the mistletoe, the girl I wanna lift up to put the star at the top of our fully decorated Christmas tree, the girl I wanna spoil rotten and the girl I wanna raise kids, dogs and cats with.

The girl I will present to the world as mine.

"I love you." I said as I kissed her forehead.

A tear? Is that a tear coming from her eye? Was I seeing things?

No, it's a tear.

She could hear me? She heard all of the things I said?

So when a person is in a coma, they can feel and hear things in the real world but they just can't react to it physically, right?

So what I had said, she heard? She heard me say 'I love you' for the umpteenth time? But this time I didn't say it because she knows it's true, this time I said it because I was a thousand percent certain that my love for her would bring her back to me, that my dreams and ambitions for the both of us would light that candle of life in her that has been burnt out, my love will ignite her, my love will awaken her, because here I am, waiting for her.

I know she'll come around.

I know.

-

I spent over 4 hours talking to Le'Eah, even though she was unresponsive the whole time, I felt like I could just tell her everything that's on my mind like I always did.

-

I walked out of her room, immediately being greeted by several doctors and nurses who know me by name because for the past 2 years, I've been here everyday, sometimes I even fell asleep talking to her and a nurse would cover me with a blanket and provide me with a pillow to sleep comfortably.

"Hey Greta." I said to the red haired Doctor that I befriended since the first day I came here.

"Hey Sheryl. How are you?"

"I'm good, I'm just going through some things with my dad. He said me waiting for Le'Eah is a waste of my time. Do you believe that?" I asked as I sat on the ground, against the wall, she followed.