Chapter 17: last chapter.

Chapter 17: time

NARRATOR's POV

1 year later

"Video call all of them..." Le'Eah demanded as she handed the phone to Sheryl. They both knew that this was going to be an important day for everyone... Including all the new friends they've made.

Sheryl added all the participants to the group video call, Josh, Mary, Quris,Courtney, Daniel and Greta.

"Hey bitches!" Le'Eah yelled as she joined Sheryl on the couch while squeezing herself closer to the camera.

"Geesh, Le'Eah don't come so close to the camera I can see them bats in the cave." Quris said as he scrunched his nose at his sister, he missed teasing her like this, since she has been back, he has been the most happiest person ever.

"So In 3 hours we're meeting up at the you know what..." Le'Eah said as she rolled her eyes at Quris's childishness.

"Yeah we can't wait to see y'all." Josh said as he glanced at his sister through his phone, right next to him was Mary, -his girlfriend- and her two daughters. Josh and Mary worked things out, it was love at first sight, since then Josh has been living with them and fathering her two kids, he loves them just as he would love his own the thought of marrying Mary has been one he couldn't stop thinking of, but being him, patience is his Virtue.

"Are you ready?" Mary asked as she rubbed Josh on his shoulder while speaking into the phone to Le'Eah

"Yeah it's gonna be hard but hopefully I can, you know leave my old self behind and embrace the new one." Le'Eah said as the sudden question awakened the nervousness she's been trying so hard to keep away. Sensing her fiancées nervousness, Sheryl gave the girl a huge and affection hug, as if suddenly saying "I'll be there no matter what..."

Suddenly all she could feel was love, not only one she felt with her wife to be but also for her new family.

-----

The pair, Sheryl and Le'Eah made their way to their new car, a red and black Ford Ranger, which Quris bought for them as an engagement gift.

They drove down the road, getting nearer and nearer to the main road, in a comfortable silence.

"I love you." Sheryl said, finally breaking the silence.

"I love you too..." Le'Eah responded as she smiled and intertwined their fingers, one hand gripping the steering wheel and the other hand laced by Sheryl's fingers, on the gear.

"We're almost there, I'm so nervous..." Le'Eah announced as she then parked her car in the parking lot. "Here goes..."

------

"I couldn't enter..." Le'Eah told her brother as he exited from the court room. "I just couldn't face him, I couldn't watch him get convicted, I'm sorry..." She said as she cried, all her friends embraced her, telling her it's okay and that she shouldn't worry.

"I do want to see him, but I'm scared..." She said as she wiped the trail of tears from her cheeks.

"Okay I'll go see if we can see him one last time, don't worry sis, it's gonna be okay..."

"How long are they locking him away?" I asked as I looked at everyone that was present in the court room.

"28 years, due to his age, possible parole but he is 57, he is quite old so they think he might just spend his last days alive locked up..."

Hearing that, her heart shattered, yes, she was suppose to hate this guy for ruining her life, but deep down she still sees the father she once played with, the father she still loves, yes he might've killed, but something in her refused to hate him, no matter how hard she tried.