Chapter 8

Chapter 8: meal

SHERYL's POV

~•R•~

"No don't take those!" Le'Eah said as she grabbed the packet of chips from my hands.

"No, I like these ones, please!" I begged and pleaded.

"Okay fine but you have to do something for me." She said with a menacing expression.

"Okay, what?"

"Hmm, you're gonna cook for me, not just anything, you're gonna cook my favorite meal." She said as she strolled away with the shopping cart.

"I know I left my wallet at my house but do you really have to make me do this? Cook such a meal for something that barely costs 3$?" I asked her as I added the signature pout.

"Do you want them or not?" She asked.

"I do-"

"Then cook." She said as she placed my chips first at the till.

~•R•~

All morning I've been wondering what to cook, and reminiscing gave me an idea. I'll cook like I used to cook.

I took out all the ingredients from the kitchen cabinets and placed them on the counter.

What a meal I'm about to have.

-

I ate like I've never eaten before, I actually enjoyed a meal. I realized that I've been very happy ever since I convinced Quris to see his sister, we've been closer ever since. I heard a knock on the door and the person behind it seemed more sad than happy.

"Hey Quris."

"Hey Sheryl." He stepped in and closed the door behind him. "How are you?"

"I've been good, what about you?" I asked.

"I went to see my father." He said as all the remaining happiness from his face drained.

"-but, how? Where?" I questioned feeling quite perplexed at the revelation.

"One of my buddy's from the station gave me the news that he handed himself in, he requested to see me. When I showed up he said a couple of things I didn't understand much." Quris said as he took a seat in my living room.

"I-I I don't know what he meant, he said I'm just like him? I don't understand... I didn't kill my wife, her brother and his husband cause I didn't like the thought of same sex marriage. Sheryl I don't know what I did wrong- I don't know." He said as his eyes filled up with tears.

I couldn't see him like this. Firstly he wa-is Le'Eah's brother, secondly I have grown to love anyone Le'Eah loves so I couldn't stand and just watch him break right in front of me, in my living room.

"Shh, shh, it's gonna be okay, listen, how about I go see your dad... Would you like that?"

"N-ye- I don't know Sheryl." He started. "He gave me a letter with the instructions to only read when I've forgiven him and myself because we're the same."

Right there and then, I knew, not fully but I think something is starting to make sense. Quris' dad was a homophobic son of a whor-, son of a beautiful woman, may she rest in peace.

"Quris I think you need to go."

QURIS' POV

With that she pushed me out of the door and slammed it in my face, leaving me in the cold, alone.

~•R•~

"This is a surprise, you can't see." Le'Eah said as she pushed me out of the door. Her motives? I don't know.

"Come on I'll be late for work, I have to take my gun." I said, feeling quite annoyed.

She slammed the door in my face as she giggled behind the door.

I still don't know what she's up to but it's been 20 minutes since I've been standing outside waiting for her.

I had my shoes on but my gun was still in the house. I took a quick glance at my wrist watch. I have 20 more minutes til I'm officially late for work. Should I?

Fuck it.

I ran to the parking lot and got into my car and drove off not minding the little voice in my head that said turn around. I just drove.

When I got back home from the station, the door was unlocked. I walked in and saw party decorations. I looked around and saw a huge banner. 'Happy birthday.' It read.

Birthday.

I was so indulged in my work that I didn't even know it was my birthday.

"Surprise!!" Voices screamed as they popped up all around, I immediately recognized them. My friends from work were in my living room, my girlfriend, my best friend, a huge cake in the middle with candles, a ton of gifts on the island.

Confetti.

So much confetti.

"Happy birthday Quris." Jeffrey said as he handed me a gift.

I hugged him as I thanked everyone for coming.

"Where's Le'Eah?"

~•R•~

I snapped out of my thoughts as I tried recognizing my surroundings. I was still at Sheryl's doorstep.

I made my way to my car and started driving with no fixed destination. I just drove. I parked my car in the familiar driveway.

Three knocks on the door.

three seconds later.

two features standing out.

Her Asian eyes and her lips.

Her beauty at the door.

Two seconds later.

One kiss.

Enough to make me forget, for once I was like my father, I didn't think. I just went with what I wanted at that moment I don't know but I felt that she was my drug for the night.

................................

A/N

This chapter didn't have much details I just though I'd drop this cause why the fuck not?