Code Name Is Ateez

Sunday, 7 am
Bosam's Point of View

Today is the day. I gently leaned down and kissed Rowoon's forehead before saying good morning to him. After shaking him slightly, his beautiful round eyes opened and he looked up at me with a small smile. "Good morning mommy," he said before stretching his little arms out for me to hold him. I did so gladly.

After taking Rowoon out of bed, I carried him into the kitchen, where my mother was already finishing up with breakfast. "Good morning grannie!" He called as soon as she popped up in his vision.

My mother, a woman in her late forties, turned around with a bright smile. The corners of her eyes crinkled as she showed such genuine happiness- but it was short lived. Her briefly bright smile dulled down quickly. After all, she loves her grandson- and myself, and today was the day we were both moving out. The day the last of her children left the nest. "Hi baby," she said after a few moments of smiling fondly at the both of us. "Breakfast is almost ready." She said, causing my son to grin.

I gently sat Rowoon down on his highchair and secured his tray on top before sitting down at the table myself. Not long after, my mom set down our plates in front of us. I glanced at Rowoon's plate first, and his food had already been cut up into tiny bit sizes for him to easily pick up with his fork. I thanked my mom, we said grace, and then began to eat in silence.

The silence didn't last long, as my mother spoke up. "Bosammie... remind me again what exactly your job will be?" She said, glancing at me with a concerned expression. I sighed slightly "I'll be full-time stylist and make-up artist-" I began, but she quickly interrupted me. "But why do you have to move out? Surely they don't have to look good all the time!" She said, still clearly unhappy with my decision to take the job.

"I'm more of a glorified nanny, mom. They want me in the dorms watching over the group. They want me cooking their meals, making sure they stick to their schedules, and keeping them pretty. The pay is amazing and I get a place to stay and free food." I reminded her, causing her to purse her lips and look down, defeated. I could tell this wasn't about the job.

I reached over and took her hand from over the table. "You won't be alone," I reminded her. "You have Bang, and we'll come stay over every weekend." I assured. She looked up, her eyes glossy. Taking a shaky breath, she nodded. "I know baby... I'm just gonna miss you. And Rowoon... you're sure taking him with you is the best decision? Won't he... get in the way?" She asked, saying the last part quietly.

"I'm sure! He's been with me on set a lot. He's so well behaved, the staff usually love him- sometimes he even helps me. But most of all... I can't leave him. He's my everything. I can't miss out on him growing up." I said, clearly sure of my decision.

My mother sighed. "Alright. Well... your mind's made up." She said, mostly to herself as she stood and collected our plates. Rowoon had finished and was currently keeping himself entertained by smacking his plate with his fork like a drum, his little feet kicking to some nonsensical beat.

A few hours later, we were in the car. They had sent a car to come pick us up along with all of our things. Rowoon's eyes were wide with wonder, and they scanned every inch of the smooth car and out the window with great curiosity until the car finally came to a stop in front of their dorms. It was a beautiful, large white building with dark gray accents- a very minimalistic design, but quite modern as well.

"Okay. We're here. Here's your key- but I'm sure they're waiting for you." The driver turned around to say, before extending his arm and placing a keychain on my hand. I nodded, "Okay. Thank you," I said before opening the door and climbing out of the car. Walking over to the other side, I helped Rowoon out and held his little hand in my own as we walked towards the dorms.