Chapter Eight

Jonah answered the phone with three simple words. "I found her."

While he spoke the occasional word or single sentence into the phone, Astrid looked at Jonah. This felt like the second time seeing him, or at least seeing him for the man he was rather than the person she'd always chosen to see.

Jonah's arms were tanned, slightly freckled, and muscular. His stomach was flat, his shoulders broad, and waist narrow. His sandy hair had been styled for the occasion, but now disheveled from running his fingers through it so many times throughout the night, or at least the last hour. Astrid had never noticed how beautiful his pale green eyes were.

"She wants to talk to you," Jonah told her as he held out the phone.

Astrid walked over and took the phone from his hand, figuring there would only be one person who'd call her so late at night that Jonah would answer the phone to.

"Hey."

"Don't 'hey' me. What the hell happened tonight?"

Feeling her still wet hair dripping down her chest, Astrid collected it all and moved it to the back. "Nothing. Just went home early."

"I was on a raised platform, bitch. I see all from up there, so don't bullshit me. Do you want to know what I saw?"

Jonah's heavy breath tickled her neck only for a moment before his tongue dragged across her skin, collecting the water droplets.

Astrid licked her lips and somehow kept her voice sounding some measure of normal. "I know what you saw."

"I saw a kiss that nearly gave me an orgasm from twenty feet away. And do you know who made my lady parts all tingly?"

When she said those words, Jonah's rough hand slipped beneath her robe and cupped her breast. "I know who," Astrid groaned out. It was the same 'who' that was touching her bare form.

"Fucking Jonah, that's who. A man who has no right making my lady parts tingle and definitely has no right doing jack shit to your lady parts. And do you know why?"

"I know why."

Jonah moved in front of her and sat on the edge of the coffee table, holding one side of the sash that held her robe closed with a simple loose knot.

"Because he's your fucking godfather, Astrid, that's why. Now kick his ass out of your apartment, avoid him like yellow fever, and let that shit sink in."

Rather than pull the knot free, Jonah's hand lifted and slid the left side of the robe off her shoulder, exposing her breast to him. In an instant, his mouth was on the naked fresh, his tongue dragging in a circle until she felt a light nip.

No longer able to hold back, the whimper that had been building within Astrid escaped. Jonah touch wasn't meant to feel this good. This perfect. He wasn't meant to bring out this side of her. And she wasn't meant to allow him to so freely.

"What the hell is happening over there?"

She dragged her fingers through his already messy hair, and pulled him closer, feeling him suck the nipple into his mouth between his teeth.

Astrid could feel the wetness build between her thighs, forcing them to clench shut. Her heavy breaths filled the air, while his remained subdued. Steady.

"Astrid!"

"I have to go, Anya."

"What is he doing?"

A sinful smile took over her lips. Yes, this was all hell-bound worthy, but Astrid couldn't care less in that moment. "Making my lady parts tingly. I'll call you tomorrow."