What Do I Care for Morning

Nick was jolted awake by the early dawn. He briefly ignored the events of the previous days, but the memories, particularly those involving Jasper, came pouring back.

Jasper.

Nick yanked the covers off himself and sneaked into his bed, knowing Jasper had just repaid his adoration the night before due to his distress. Today would be a different story, wouldn't it? He'd have come to his senses and snuck out by now.

Jasper was still sleeping quietly, much to Nick's astonishment. His expression showed no resemblance to the pain Nick witnessed last night.

Beep Beep

Nick hastily switched off the alarm to avoid waking Jasper, but his attempt failed when Jasper's eyes opened.

Groans. What am I doing? Jasper questioned, rubbing his eyes in an attempt to completely awaken.

Um... You've arrived at my place. Nick stated.

Oh my gosh! Jasper spoke up as he realized what had transpired the night before. He hastily sprang out of bed, snatching his clothing from the floor. Jasper decided to go after finishing putting his clothes back on. "Later." 

Jasper bolted from the apartment building, not looking back. Jasper sought to figure out what was going on and why he liked it.

Meanwhile

"I WAS ROOTING FOR YOU! WE WERE ALL ROOTING FOR YOU!" 

What is this? Charlotte asked, coming into the living room with a bowl of popcorn. 

ANTM. Henry said, swiftly snatching the popcorn and dragging Charlotte to the side of the couch where he could use the space. "They are airing reruns on VH1." 

Well, damn. Charlotte spitted out as she tried to reposition herself, so she was sitting up straight. Her leg still bothered her, but not as much as that day.

I'm such a moron. I didn't mean to do that. Henry said, oblivious to her damaged leg.

No, it's fine. Charlotte quickly began apologizing.  "I'm telling you I'm fine--" 

*Cough* *Cough*

Piper, who had come down the stairs with a sore throat, interrupted Henry and Charlotte's kiss.

Piper, who had a sore throat, interrupted Henry and Charlotte's talk.

Why are you not at school? Turning around on the couch, Henry asked.

Could ask you the same thing, jackass. Piper replied as she strolled down the stairs with her blanket on. "Besides, I'm not feeling good."

Charlotte cupped Piper's head in her warm palm. Charlotte entered the kitchen, took out a thermometer, and placed it on Piper's head, registering her temperature as 104.

Jesus. Your body is on fire. Charlotte stated as she read the thermometer.

Really? I haven't notice. Piper retorted wryly.

Do you have any idea of what you might have? Charlotte asked, rolling her eyes.

I checked Google, and there's a good probability I have malaria. Piper stated as she walked over to the kitchen to get a cup of orange juice. "However, it's more likely a fever."

After pouring herself a glass of half orange juice and some Champagne from the fridge,  Piper returned upstairs, closing the door behind her.

God, I feel sorry for Piper because she's been through hell and back. She hasn't seen her son in like 3 months after your mom's death. Charlotte said as she returned back to the couch.