Chapter 6

"Thank you so much for coming!" Eriko yelled in my ear.

I have to hold her upright to keep her from falling. Eriko is the strongest witch in her  graduation class and yet she can't hold her liquor. Makes me worried that she's going to be one of the guards responsible for protecting us. Her curly black hair is in a braided ponytail, she has light brown eyes and light brown skin. Her dad is the High Priest of their coven and would probably not be too happy to see his daughter this drunk.

The scenery changed once graduation was over. It went from happy tears to drunk tears. Everyone changed into sexier clothes. Cynthia changed into a short silky light pink dress with thin straps. It shows off her figure. I changed into a black leather dress that gave me more cleavage than I thought I had. I'm surprised my ass could even fit. I felt like a can of Pillsbury biscuits but from the looks I was getting, I knew I looked hot. I just hoped my dress won't pop like the can.

Eriko goes off with her friends and I dance to the music with Cynthia. Familiar hands come around my waist and I breathe in the smell of his delicious cologne.

"That dress looks so fucking good on you," Jaxon whispered in my ear.

"Ready to take it off me?"

I feel his grin as he kisses my neck.

"In a second. Let me go talk to Kwan really quick and then we can go."

I nod and he leaves.

"Are you two dating?" Cynthia asked.

I shake my head. "Just friends."

She raises an eyebrow. "Does he know that?"

"Yeah."

"Mhm."

"Don't mhm me. We have sex and then we move on. Not that big of a deal."

"Sure."

"I came here to have fun. Not worry about my relationship with Jaxon."

"You're right. Let's get a drink."

She grabs my hand and leads me to the kitchen. That one drink turns into four and before I know it I'm on top of a table with Cynthia dancing for a crowd. I move my hips to the music and feel the energy in the crowd. Here and now nothing else better. I'm not the messed up witch, I don't have uncontrollable magic. I'm just a drunk girl having fun with people who understand her.

I start to feel a little lightheaded and someone helps me down from the table. I have no idea where Jaxon went so I made my way outside to get some fresh air. I stand outside letting the cool breeze calm me down. I'm about to walk back inside when I hear a deep voice.

"Get in."

I turn around to a guy with tattoos, wide shoulders, and a look that makes him look constipated. I didn't even see him approach me. I look behind him and a black SUV is parked right in front of the mansion.

"What? Are you crazy? I'm not getting in a car with someone I don't know. Ever heard of stranger danger?" My words come out slurred.

I get ready to call on my magic in case he tries to touch me when the window of the back seat rolls down and Cain is sitting there. He looks so different. His hair has been cut and brown loose curls rest on his head. His beard is gone and he looks clean and refreshed. Like he never came out of a hole inside my house.

"Hello, love. Already causing trouble?"

I can't help the shiver I feel when I hear that deep accent.

"Oh, it's you." I groaned.

He smiled at me. "Not happy to see me?"

"No."