Chapter 7: Love is not patient

Katy looked gorgeous in a white sundress as about twenty people gathered around a big table at the rehearsal dinner, I wasn’t initially invited but Brandon had a last minute football thing so he was flying in late tonight, so Quinn asked me to be her date.  The dinner was already paid for, so I accepted. Though I had a quick panic attack on what to wear, I eventually settled on a blue sundress in the back of my closet to wear that looked cute.

The bridal party consisted of the bridesmaids; Rachel, Quinn, and Calie.  For the guys, the groomsmen were Jack’s Cousin Gary, Sam; Quinn’s ex-boyfriend, and Noah, Jack’s friend from college. 

I already did my research, aka asked Quinn.  Gary was married, so he was definitely out. 

Sam was completely out as he was Quinn’s ex-boyfriend and not my type although he was the nicest guy ever. 

Noah was completely hot.  I had a crush on him the one time I met him at college when I decided to hang out with Katy. Though Quinn told me he recently got into a relationship a month ago, so maybe he’s not completely out of the picture.

Noah didn’t invite her to the rehearsal dinner so it must not be too serious, so I tried to catch his eye a couple of times but he was too engrossed in a conversation with Sam.

Derek ended up dominating the conversation at our end of the table, which was not surprising.  So, I found myself scanning the room for potential last minute dates, even though I already RSVP one, you know there could be a spark and I’d have to bring him.  Katy couldn’t be mad about that, right?

After dinner, Jack gave a super sweet speech to everyone about Katy and him. I sighed by the end of his speech, it was so cute.

After a while as everyone started to leave, Quinn and I left for my place as well. We were sitting in my room, talking over how the bridal party had gone and it just felt like old times.

“I have to pick up Brandon at midnight” Quinn told me as I got on my computer to check Facebook.

“Oh, can I come?” I asked, better than doing nothing in my room.

“Yeah I guess, oh I forgot to tell you slash didn’t want to say anything earlier because we were at Katy’s rehearsal dinner but my brother just got engaged.” Quinn told me. 

Quinn’s brother Tyler was her twin brother and he went to college with me and his girlfriend, well now fiancée, he knew her from when they lived in Arizona, but she went to college at Oregon too.  I never really liked her because Tyler was dating Calie in the beginning of our senior year and he basically broke up with Calie for her.  She’s alright I guess, before college I figured I’d be hanging out with her a lot because Tyler and Kyle are best friends, but well you know what happened there.

“Are you serious? When?” I freaked out a bit, it seems like everyone I went to school with was getting either married or engaged.

“I guess last weekend but he just told me and my parents today, they surprised my parents today because I thought they were just going to drive here tomorrow for the wedding.” Tyler and Riley, his fiancée, lived in Portland.

“Oh well good for them I guess, are you jealous your brother is getting married before you?” I asked.

“No, they have been dating for a long time now,” Quinn said.

“Yeah but still, I am mad my sister is getting married before me, I seriously think she is just doing it to spite me, when we were younger we’d always talk about getting married and how we'd be each other’s maid of honor and how we’d have this fairy tale wedding, well like all of those things are not happening. Well I guess she is getting her fairy tale wedding but anyway we were like six and eight then.”