Chapter 1

Ezra POV (flashback)

Me and my sister Sabine saw it happened from in our closet of our room. A man from a gang in Empire city called The Inquisitors came into our house and kill our parents and he set the house on fire. Me and Sabine quickly escaped when the man left. We walked by our parents lifeless bodies and out the door. We sat on the curve of the street and watch the house burn . Sabine was hugging me tight and crying hard, so was I. After an hour one the curve side police and firefighters came on the scene. We sat in an ambulance when a police man came over to us. "You there, tell me what happened" he said rudely pointing at Sabine. But Sabine didn't answer and was still crying. "Stop crying and tell me!" He said with more force. "A m-m-man c-came in o-our house and-and ....killed our mommy and daddy." I said. The man came closer to me and grabbed my cheeks to get a look and me. I then peeked at his badge and it said 'Thrawn' that must have been his name. Thrawn let go of my cheeks and turned to Sabine. He then started rubbing his fingers on Sabines arms, face chest and legs. "Hey stop it!" I said trying to move his hands off Sabine. He then back handed me in the face and I fell back. "Ezra! Why did you do that!?" Sabine said coming to my aid. Thrawn then laughed and said "I know exactly where to take children like you worthless bunch" and grabbed are arms forcing us into his car and drove off. We later stop in front of a building that looked like an orphanage but it was creepy. Thrawn forced us out of his car and told us to walk inside. When we walked inside it was more creepy than the outside. A lady step out of the shadows with a creepy smile and a scary face. "Hello Pryce" Thrawn called the lady. "Hello and who have you brought with you this time?" Pryce asked. "Just another batch of street rats without a home or any discipline." Thrawn said squeezing me and Sabines shoulders so tight that it hurt. "Well don't worry here at this orphanage we take good care of children like that." Pryce said with a evil smile.

A year later (narrator POV)

It has been a year since Ezra and Sabine entered the horrible orphanage. The owner is what both Ezra and Sabine called a witch know as Pryce and the man that brought them their was a crooked cop named Thrawn. He was helping the most powerful gang in Empire city know as The Inquisitors. What Sabine and Ezra went through in their first year there was horrible. Everytime they talked out of terms or did something that neither Thrawn or Pryce liked, they would get beaten with belts, whips and other materials and sometimes when some Inquisitor members came to the orphanage they would beat up Ezra just for fun and mess around with Sabine. Ezra was suffering the most in the first year, everytime they did something bad, he would try to protect his sister but paid for it or when he would keep the Inquisitors away from her they would beat him or cut him with their knifes and made Sabine watch.

Sabine was in her and Ezra's room hugging her knees to her chest crying because she could hear Ezra's cries in pain as Thrawn was hurting him. When the door opened Sabine looked up to see Thrawn throw Ezra on the ground in the room. "Next you will listen when I say something, as for your sister I'll deal with tomorrow" he said and slammed the door shut. Sabine quickly got out of bed and kneeled down to Ezra. He had cut marks on his arms and lash marks on his face from a belt. "Ezra..." She said and hug him without hurting him. "It's okay Sabine I won't let him hurt you." He said. "But you can't keep doing this. What if one day he really kills you...we already lost our parents I-I-I can't lose my brother." She said crying on his shoulder. "You won't lose me ever. Don't worry I believe one day we will get out of here and we will together." He said breaking the hug. Sabine helped him up into her bed and they both laid down. "When do you think we will out of here?" Sabine asked, "I don't know. But I don't care how long it takes, I just know one day we will get out of here and never see this place again. Do you believe me?" "Yes I do." She answered and they both fell asleep, Sabine holding Ezra hand and Ezra rested on her shoulder as they both dreamed about finding a new family.