Chapter 8

Ezra and Sabine walked inside the house and it was more beautiful than the outside. The two siblings looked around amazed with what they saw. It's been a very long time since they saw anything this beautiful. "Wow your house is very cool." Ezra said. "Yeah this place is amazing" Sabine added. "Come upstairs and see your new room" Kanan said. Ezra and Sabine followed Kanan and Hera upstairs and they stood infront a door. "Go ahead open it." Hera said. Ezra opened the door and they walked inside. "Wow!" The siblings said in sync. They room was big and very roomy, it had two beds on each side of a big window, they saw a book shelf loaded with books and they saw two beanbag chairs in one area. "I didn't know how you wanted your room so I left it like this so when you get here you two can decorated how you wanted." Hera said. The two had a smile on their face but it faded. "What's wrong you two?" Kanan asked. The two turned to face them and Ezra said "it's just we never had anything this good before in a long while." "And we are afraid it won't last." Sabine added. The two adults looked at each other and had a sad look 'theses kids must have been through alot' they thought. "Well don't worry this is your room and you guys will stay here with as long as you want." Kanan said. Hera grabbed a bag out of the hallway and placed it on one of the beds. "Before you guys came I had bought some cloths for you two. You can look through them and see what you like and try it on." She said. Ezra and Sabine went to the bag and looked through it. "We'll let you guys change." Kanan said and they both walked out and closed the door behind them.

Later Kanan was telling Hera and Zeb about how he found them and told them what he believes what they been through. Hera had a shocked look on her face and Zeb was just as surprised as her. "Poor kids." Zeb said. "That orphanage is just evil. How can those kids have scars at such a young age." Hera said. "I don't know but I know we will treat them better than those horrible people. We just have to take our time with them, they are mentally scarred and they need time to adjust." Kanan said and they nodded in agreement. "Lets go check on them." Hera said and they all went upstairs to the siblings room.

When they got to their room they opened the door. "Ezra, Sabine? We just wanted to-" Hera said but was cut off by a horrifying sight. They saw both teens with their shirts off and saw scar marks all over their bodies. Sabine had some on her arms, back and around her waist. Ezra had the worst scars over his arms, chest, back, waist and legs and a burn mark on his back and chest. The two siblings looked to see all three staring at them with shocked faces. "Ezra, Sabine what happened to you two?" Hera asked. The two looked at each other and they had fear in their eyes and didn't want to say anything about what happened at the orphanage. Zeb walked towards them and said "hey it's okay." He wanted to place a hand on Sabines shoulder but she whimpered in fear and quickly scooted next to Ezra. Zeb had a confused look but then back up a little. Then Kanan and Hera walked forward "hey it's alright nobody is gonna hurt you here." Hera said "do want to tell us what happened to you guys?" Kanan asked. After a few seconds of silence they nodded and told them what happened in their six years at the orphanage.

"......everytime we did something they thought was wrong they would hurt us bad. They made us cook, clean, and more." "They always told us that we were nothing but worthless street rats that had no love." "Everytime I did something bad Ezra would always step in to protect me but get hurt the worst." "I didn't care what happened to me I just didn't want to see them hurt her." "Even though I didn't like seeing him get hurt I always thought it was sweet but it hurt me everytime to see him like that." They continued to tell them stories about what happened. Hera had tears forming in her eyes and Zeb had a sad look on his face. Kanan listened and just thought about what would have happened to them if he didn't find them or take them in. "But worst of all is what they did to Ezra two years ago. He did something really bad and they...they......gave him those burn marks and made me watch." Sabine said as she was about to cry.

Hera didn't have to hear anymore because what she did next surprised the siblings. She hugged them with comfort and embrace. They hesitant at first before hugging back. "It's okay you two are safe now. No one is gonna hurt you two anymore." She said. They Kanan and Zeb joined in on the hug and both Ezra and Sabine felt safe, comfort and loved.