Chapter 15

It had been a joyful month for Ezra and Sabine since they moved in with their new family. They've done alot in a short time, and always had a smile on their face. But today, they had sadness on their faces.

Hera, Kanan and Zeb noticed this and felt concerned. "Hey what's wrong you two?" Kanan asked. "It's our birthday tomorrow" Sabine answered sadly. "But isn't that a good thing?" Zeb said but earned to sad head shakes meaning no. "Our parents died on the night of our birthday and we haven't had a joyful birthday in years." Ezra explained. The three then felt as sad as them and didn't know what to say next but before they could, the young siblings left the room and went upstairs. "Man, never imagined that their lives with their parents ended that badly." Kanan said. "This isn't right. They just started to adjust to this place and now their birthday is messed up. We have to do something." Hera said. "What can we do?" Zeb asked. Hera thought for a moment and got a idea. "Kanan that place near the mall downtown opened a month ago right?" Hera asked. Yeah and their making good buissnuss too." Kanan answered. "Good I got an idea."

The next day

Ezra and Sabine were sleeping peacefully in their beds and did not want to do anything today. Then Hera and Kanan came in and gently shook them out of their slumber. "Hera? What's going on?" Ezra asked rubbing his eyes. "Yeah is *yawns* everything okay?" Sabine asked yawning. "Hurry up and get your stuff on we are going somewhere." Hera said. The two looked at each other confused but still did what she said and got dressed.

Everyone was in the car driving into town. Everyone seemed to know where they were going except Ezra and Sabine. They had a confused look on their face for the entire ride. "So are you gonna tell us where we are going?" Sabine asked. "Don't worry you'll see." Kanan said.

Later they were parked in a parking lot and they got out. They all stood infront of a big building familiar they everyone but the young siblings. "What is this place?" Ezra asked. "This place is called Dave & Buster's" Kanan answered. Both siblings looked at them confused and didn't know what that was. "Which is?" Sabine asked. "It's a place where you can eat drink and have then best time of your life playing games and win prizes." Hera said. "C'mon we'll show you." Zeb said and they went inside.

They went inside and got their table and gaming card from the front desk and went inside. When they were inside both Ezra and Sabine had amazement on their faces. "Wow!" They said in sync. They saw games everywhere and heard music. They saw other kids running in each and every direction people playing the games and sitting down eating. They were just amazed with what they saw and turned back to the others. "Can we go play?" They asked together. "Of course, it's your birthday go crazy." Hera said. "Zeb make sure you don't loose them." Kanan said and Zeb nodded.

Ezra and Sabine went to tons of different games and played all of them together. They took turns in the pods, played racing games, air hockey, skee ball, and more. The one game they loved playing the most was Terminator. That game brought out the competitive side of both and challenged each other. "I'm gonna beat your high score Ez!" Sabine said. "Yeah right! There is no way I'll let that happen!" Ezra said back. They were laughing and smack talking each other while shooting the robots on the screen. Once they completed the game, the score board pop up. "How are we always tie with each other?!" They both yelled. Soon their stomach started to growl. "C'mon you two lets go eat something." Zeb said and they went back to their table.

Soon they were back at the table with Kanan and Hera waiting for them. They sat down and they told the two adults about what they played. "Well I'm glad you two had fun. We got another surprise for you two so close your eyes for us." Hera said and the two closed their eyes. "Now open them." Kanan said. When they opened their eyes they saw a birthday cake infront of them and the other three started to sing

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to Ezra and Sabine! Happy birthday to you!"

Ezra and Sabine grabbed each others hand and blew out the candles and everyone cheered. Ezra and Sabine had tears of joy in their eyes as this was the best birthday they had in years. "Thanks guys we needed that." Sabine said whipping away tears of joy.

After eating some cake Ezra and Sabine went back to playing games. They were on their way back to terminator when they saw something else catch their eyes. "Zeb what's that?" Ezra asked. "That's a VR game. It's where you can go inside the game and everything in their looks real." Zeb explained. "Wow can we do that, all of us? Sabine asked. "Okay let's go see what mom and dad say" Zeb said and they went back to the table. "Kanan, Hera! Can you guys do this VR game with us?" Sabine asked. "Hmmmm I don't know." Hera said. "Pleeeeeeeaaaassssee" they both said with puppy dog eyes. "Well okay." Kanan said. "YES!!" they said and went to the VR game. "Welcome what VR mod do you wanna do today?" The man asked. Ezra and Sabine looked at the list of games and saw one they thought they might like. "This one" they said. "Ah Jurassic world. That's very popular nowadays. Alright get on and enjoy." The man said and they got in and the man turned it on and began the game.

After it was over everyone got off and Ezra and Sabine was super hyped. "That was awesome!" "Yeah I liked that really much." They said.

After almost two hours at Dave & Busters they decided to go home. When they got home Kanan and Hera wanted everyone to sit in the living room for one more surprise. Hera gave Ezra and Sabine and envelope. "What's this?" Ezra asked. "Open it." Hera said. They opened it and it was some pieces of paper put together. They read it and gasped at what they read.

"We're going to be adopted!?" They said in disbelief. "Yes yes you are" Hera said. Ezra and Sabine had tears of joy streaming down their cheeks and hugged their new parents and they hugged back. "We love you both and you are now apart of our family." Kanan said. "We love you too" Ezra and Sabine said together. They were now part of a new family and they loved them.