Chapter 2

Three years later

Ezra and Sabine are now eight years old at the orphanage. Things have been going terrible for the siblings. They had been doing work nonstop everyday, cleaning rooms, making food, and more. Even they had to get rid of any small animal or rodent in the house without protection. They got hurt many times in the kitchen, cleaning high places and falling or even dealing with animals that broke in the house and nobody attended to their wounds, they had to learn to patch themselves up all by themselves. They couldn't even go to school so they taught themselves from all the books the library had in the orphanage. And to top it all off the Inquisitors would show up from time to time to collect money, drugs or just to visit their favorite kids to bully.

Ezra was in the attic cleaning cobwebs everywhere when Sabine came in. Ezra turned around to face his sister and he saw a red mark on her face. He quickly ran over to her and asked "what happened this time?" "I made Pryce's food wrong" she answered. "But you always make the food right" he stated. "Yeah but this time she didn't say how she wanted it to be cooked"
Ezra had an angry look on his face and wanted to do something about them hurting his sister. Sabine saw his face and knew what he was thinking. "Ezra please don't do anything this time, I can't watch you get hurt because of me again" "Sabine you're my sister it just boils me to the core to see someone hurt you and me not doing anything about it! It's my job to look out for you...that's what dad always said to me." Sabine gave him a compassionate look and hugged him "I miss them too, and I think it's really sweet that you're trying your hardest to protect me but you're still my brother. I can't watch you suffer everytime, because that makes me suffer, please I don't like seeing you like that." She said and broke the hug. Ezra wanted to smile but was still angry at the two adults. "By the way I got news that you're not gonna like." She said "the Inquisitors are coming over again." Ezra looked at Sabine and they both had fear in their eyes. The Inquisitors were the same people who killed their parents and Everytime they came over they would always find ways to get under Ezras skin and get their hands on Sabine. "What does Thrawn want us to do before they arrived?" Ezra asked. "Have lunch prepared for them." Sabine answered. Ezra nodded and they both went down stairs to the kitchen.

Ezra and Sabine was in the kitchen making the food for the Inquisitors. Ezra was chopping some veggies while Sabine was cooking on the oven when Thrawn walked in. "How's it coming?" He asked. The two nearly jumped in the air at the sound of his voice. "It's almost ready, fifteen more minutes" Sabine said. "It had better be done right you two or both of you will suffer for it." Thrawn said threatenly. "Yes sir" Ezra said in a sarcastic tone. Then Thrawn smacked Ezra on the side of his face and Ezra fell to the ground. "Mind your tongue when talking boy." He said and walked out. Sabine quickly kneeled down to her brother who had his hand to his face. Sabine removed his hand and saw a red mark. "It's okay Sabine I had worse" he said and got up. "When we're done I'll get some ice for your face." Sabine said and they continued to cook. Later on they had the table and food set up for the Inquisitors when they arrived. Thrawn and Pryce ordered Sabine and Ezra to stay down stairs to greet them. When the door opened the two siblings and fear but tried to keep a brave face when they saw them. The Inquisitors.