Chapter 9

Kanan, Hera, Zeb, Ezra and Sabine sat down stairs in the dining room and ate some food and talked. "So what was your parents like?" Hera asked. The siblings looked at each and then back at the family. "We can't remember much about them but we know that they were kind, generous and caring to not just us but to all people." Sabine said. "Yeah, they did alot of good stuff for us but that's all we can remember. The orphanage really scrubbed our memories about them clean in six years." Ezra said. "How did they die?" Zeb asked. Sabine and Ezra's face fell at that question but still spoke up. "A man from a gang called the inquisitors broke into the house and killed them and burned down our house." Ezra said. Sabine had tears forming in her eyes and her head was down. Hera used her foot to softly but firmly kicked Zeb under the table and gave him a glare. "Um sorry for bringing it up I was just curious." Zeb said. "It's okay it's not everyday we like to talk about them." Sabine said wiping tears from her eyes.

After they finished eating they sat in the living room and watched tv for a bit. It was good for Ezra and Sabine because they haven't watched tv in a long time, they haven't even seen a tv in forever.

11:00 night.

"Well time for bed." Hera said when she saw Ezra and Sabine yawn and try to fight the sleep. "Aww c'mon." Ezra said tiredly "we're not *yawns* tired yet." Sabine added. Hera and Kanan laugh and carried the two up to their room. Once in their room Kanan and Hera placed them in their beds and tucked them in. "Night you two" Hera said. "Night" they both said and Hera and Kanan left and closed the door. "Hey Ez?" Sabine whispered "Yeah Sabine?" Ezra also whispered. "Do you like it here?" She asked. "Yeah, do you?" He said. "Yeah I wanna stay here forever." "Yeah me too."

"Night Sabine"

"Night Ezra"

Ezra POV (NIGHTMARE)

I was in my old house it was on fire and I was alone. "Sabine...Sabine!" I called out but no answer. Then I see the same man kill our parents. He then turned to face me and I ran out the door. I then found myself back at the orphanage and I hear screaming. It was Sabine! I raced towards our room and found her surrounded by the inquisitors. They started covering her in darkness as she screamed my name. I tried to save het but I was punched in the face by Thrawn. "Stupid rat! You're nothing! Just an excuse! Street rat! Worthless! You will die alone!" He yelled and continued to beat me up.

Sabine POV

I woke in the middle of the night to the sound of grunts and moans in pain. I sat up and looked around the room. My eyes then gazed at Ezra. He was tossing and turning in his bed gripping his sheets and kicking off the blanket. He was having a nightmare! A bad one to. I quickly got out of bed and raced over to him. "Ezra...Ezra wake up." I said gently shaking him. He shot up out of his bed screaming and had tears in his eyes. "Sab-Sabine" he said in between sobs. I hug them and told him "it's okay I'm here just push it away." "The memories. It's-it's hard to forget. The pain, the suffering i can't fight it." He choked out breathing heavy. "I'll help you fight it." I said and started to sing.

Narrator POV

"Ezra, Sabine!" Hera said coming in the room with Kanan and Zeb behind her and what they saw made their hearts melt. They were in Ezra's bed, Ezra in Sabine's arms and Sabine was singing to him. After Sabine finished her song Ezra was smiling and sound asleep in Sabine's arms. "Sabine that was beautiful." Hera said. "Thanks, our mom would sing this song every night." Sabine said. "Well we'll let you guys get some rest." Kanan said and they left. Sabine was about to go back to her bed but didn't want to leave her brother in case he had another nightmare so she pulled the blanket up on them and laid her head down. 'We will always be their for each other because we're family' she thought and drifted to sleep.

Author note

Don't hate me for picking this song please. because to me I can really imagine Sabine singing this song.

Scorch