Chapter 5

Kanan POV

I took the kids I found at the orphanage my swat raided and I took the kids in my car and drove them to the hospital. They were quiet for most of the ride, probably still a bit shaking from being their, god knows how long. "How old are you two?" I asked. "We're both ten, sir" Sabine said. "Their's no need to call me 'sir' you can call me Kanan." I told her. "O-okay Kanan." She said hesitant. "How long have you two been in that orphanage?" I asked. "Since we were four years old." Ezra said. "And what happened to your parents?" They did not answer and I saw tears form in their eyes. Then I looked at their arms legs and face, they were covered with bruise, marks and cuts. I felt anger go through the roof and tighten my grip on the steering wheel. How could those people do that two kids, especially at this age and they were their for six. Who knows what was happening and no one did nothing about it in this city. When we got to the hospital I let them both out of the car but they were hesitant to go further with me. I looked back at them and kneeled down at them "It's okay I'm not like the other cop you know I'm gonna make sure you guys are safe." I extended my hand to them and Sabine took while grabbing Ezra's hand and we walked inside. A doctor guided us to a room and told me to stay outside while he and a nurse took the kids inside but before they went in Sabine said "thank you" "you're welcome" I smiled and watched them enter the room. I got out my phone to call my friend. "Kanan?" She said. "Ahsoka can you meet me at the hospital?" "I can but why are you at the hospital did someone get hurt" "no I found two kids at the orphanage we raided and I took them here." "Poor kids. Alright I'll be there soon" thanks and can you also get me some information about the kids?" "Sure what's their names?" "Ezra Bridger and Sabine Bridger." "Alright I'll see what I can do." "Alright" I said and hung up my phone and looked through the window at the kids inside.

Narrator POV

Ezra and Sabine were still in the room getting check on after Kanan rescued them from the orphanage. "Well Ezra, their was no doubt that you were right about us getting out of that orphanage, i just sad it took this long." Sabine said having a real smile for the first time in years. "Yes but I'm still worried." He said. "About what?" Sabine asked. "What if we are sent somewhere else in this city as worse as the orphanage. I don't wanna have us go through that again." Sabines smile faded at the thought but she had to reassure her brother somehow. "Hey let's not think about that for now. At least we still got each other." Sabine said and grabbed Ezra's hand. He smiled and she smiled back both of them knowing that they will always be there for each other.

Ten minutes later

Kanan was still out side the room where Ezra and Sabine were in waiting on the doctor to come out. Then the doctor came out and Kanan asked "how are they?" "Well it's hard too tell how they feel mentally but physically they're fine but just have a few scars." He said. "What kind of scars?" Kanan asked. "Some look like bruises from punches and kicks to the body and the face, knife cuts on the arms, legs and chest that can heal over time. The girl doesn't have that many scars but the boy has alot and he also has two 1st degree burn marks, one on his upper left chest and another on his back. There is no telling what happened to those two before you found them." Kanan felt like he needed to hit something of someone. It wasn't right what they did to those kids and it must have been a horrific event for them to go through. "Kanan" a voice said and he turned around to see Ahsoka. "Hey Ahsoka." He said. "I got that information you wanted." She said. "That's good, what did it say?" "According to the files, Ezra and Sabine was born here in Empire city on April 20th 2003. Their parents are know as Ephraim and Mira Bridger. Who died in a house fire six years ago. It says they did underground broadcast speaking out about the crooked cops and the Inquisitors gang. But what happened in between the six years is blank." She explained. "Yeah. I found in that orphanage and the doctor told me they had several scars on their bodies. No doubt those nasty people did that to them." Kanan said angry. "The world is full of monsters today. Why someone do that to children?" Ahsoka said. "I don't know." "Now I'm getting concerned. What will happen to them when we leave?" She said. Kanan thought for a moment and then he got an idea.

I think I know what we can do." He said "What?" Ahsoka asked. "Me and my wife has benn talking about having more kids and so maybe they can live with us." He said. Ahsoka smiled and told him "I think that's a great idea."

The door the Ezra and Sabine room opened and Kanan and Ahsoka entered. "Hey you two this is my friend Ahsoka." Kanan said. The two siblings looked shy and Ahsoka kneeled down to them eye to eye. "Hi it's okay you guys are safe." She said placing her hans on both their shoulders. "What will happen to us when you two leave?" Ezra asked. "Well me and my wife have a house in Rebel city. We have an older son and a dog living with us and if you want you can live with us." Kanan said. "Really" the two asked at the same time. "Yes so what do you say?" Ezra and Sabine looked at each for a minute and nodded at each other "yes please" they said. Kanan and Ahsoka smiled "good once you guys are checked out we will be on our way."