Chapter 12

Ezra and Sabine were in the living room watching TV. Hera was in the kitchen, Zeb was in his room and Kanan was at work. Ezra was flipping through channels while Sabine was drawing in her note book.

Then Chopper walked over and sat on the couch in between the two. "Hey Chop" Ezra said petting the dog. Sabine wanted to pet Chopper but was nervous about it and didn't.

Then Chopper turned his head over to Sabine and looked at her. Sabine felt her heart racing and got even more nervous when Chopper got closer to her. Chopper started nuzzling his nose on her arm and licked it.

Sabine gave a small whimper and got up and went upstairs into her and Ezras room. "Sabine-" Ezra tried to say but was cut off by the closing of the door. Chopper had a sad look on his face and put his head down. "It's okay Chop its not you." Ezra said petting the dog.

"What's wrong with Sabine, Ezra?" Hera asked. "Well back at the orphanage, a wild dog got in and me and Sabine was forced to get rid of it. When Sabine turned a corner the dog pounce on her and bite her arm. We eventually got rid of the dog, but Sabine was starting to get sick and vomiting alot. And I did the best I could with so medicine to make jer feel better. But at that moment she had a fear of big dogs." Ezra explained. "But she knows Chop would never hurt her or you." Hera said.

"Yeah but that's not all. The inquisitors gang we told about. Well they had this one guy that more animal than human and.....did 'things' to us and she was the one mostly effected by it."

Hera had a shocked look on her face and really felt bad for the siblings. Ezra then got up and said "I'll go see if she's all right" "mind if I come?" Hera asked and Ezra nodded and they went upstairs.

"Sabine?" Ezra said as he and Hera entered the room. They Sabine sitting on the edge of her bed and it sounded like she was crying. They sat on both sides on her and Ezra embraced her in a hug while Hera placed a hand on hers. "Sabine, you know Chop would never hurt you right?" Hera said. Sabine nodded whipped away tears and said "it's not only that, those people at the orphanage especially the inquisitors gang did unspeakable things to us. I didn't mean to walk away for Chopper it's just him doing that brought back scary memories." She said. "I know but the best way to face your fears is to face it with people you trust." Hera said. "And I'll be with you when you every step of the way." Ezra told his sister. She smiled and hugged him back.

Then Chopper came in the room and walked up to the three. "I'm sorry Chop." I just have to get used to your type of affection." Sabine said kneeling down face to face with Chopper. Chopper then started to lick Sabine's neck and she started laughing. After he stopped Sabine gave him a big hug. "I love you Chop"