𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐬 - 𝐜𝐬𝐜𝐨𝐨𝐩 𝐱 𝐟𝐞𝐦!𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫

𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙝𝙖𝙨 𝙨𝙬𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙞𝙣𝙜, 𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙨 𝙘𝙞𝙜𝙖𝙧𝙚𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙞𝙣𝙘𝙡𝙪𝙙𝙚𝙨 𝙨𝙣𝙚𝙖𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙨𝙤 𝙞𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙚 𝙪𝙣𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙖𝙗𝙡𝙚 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙥𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙚 𝙨𝙠𝙞𝙥 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 :) 

 𝙘𝙤𝙤𝙥𝙚𝙧 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙙𝙚𝙧 𝙨𝙣𝙚𝙖𝙠 𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙫𝙞𝙗𝙚 𝙪𝙣𝙙𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙧𝙨

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

the bedroom is dark; the only light coming from the soft orange glow of the streetlamp outside and the dim light emitting from the phone in a young girls hands. instagram has nothing to offer, as per usual at 1 in the morning. no ones posting, no ones awake. for once, the small los angeles neighbourhood is quiet.

and as per usual, the girls thoughts drift shamelessly to cooper.

his shaggy, dirty blond hair, his ocean blue eyes, his wide grin and his infectious laugh. she hates cigarettes. she really does, but fuck if cooper doesnt look fine with one hanging loosely from his lips.

as if on cue, there comes a tapping on the window. at first its mistaken as loose grit and gravel from rooftop, carried over by the wind, but the noise doesnt relent, pattering determinedly at the window in sporadic clacks.

it's not gravel, she soon comes to find, a wide smile stretching across her face when she walks over and peers down at her backyard from the window. a boy stands there, clothed in a simple blue hoodie and sweatpants, his sandy hair tousled and his ocean eyes upturned with his lips in a carefree laugh.

"cooper?" she whispers as loud as she can without waking her parents downstairs, sliding the window up and leaning out into the warm summer air, her hair dangling over nothing except the grassy yard 15ft below. she knows its him, but seeing him here at 1:36am on a tuesday night, messy and looking handsomer than she's ever seen him feels like something out of a fever dream.

"let's go do something!" he says back in response, stretching his arms wide and gesturing to the road. hes standing under the streetlight, and the glow turns his hair a flaming gold. he looks happier than ever, and she knows she can never bring herself to say no to him when hes got a look on his face that could melt a smile into a statue.

"fine." she hisses, rolling her eyes. the smile on her face lingers as she disappears from coopers view, reappearing a moment later with a hoodie flung carelessly over her head. his hoodie, cooper realises, smiling wider standing under the window to catch her in case she falls while clambering down the vines that gripped the sides of her two-story, los angeles house. he never has to catch her, but he stands there just in case, hands ready to wrap around her waist when she touches the ground.

theres a playground not far from her house, and thats where the couple makes their way to. its designed for children: the monkey bars are low enough for cooper to touch the ground with his knees while holding the bars, the slide is long but more horizontal than it is vertical, and the swings are too small for them, but its where they sit anyways, hands gripping the cold metal chains and swinging softly back and forth.

"this is a real vibe, huh?" cooper says. his voice is soft and hoarse and so fucking adorable, and they lock eyes, smiling. he scratches the bridge of his nose with his index finger, eyebrows rising automatically with the movement, and she smiles at the imprints the chains left in his palm. she knows what his hands feel like. they're rough and calloused, but theres always a soft spot. on his left hand its the heel of his palm, and on the right its the pad of his thumb. when he traces the back of her hand while their fingers are interlocked, its always with his right thumb. When he cups her face in his hand, its his left thats most prominent on her cheek.

and when he reaches for her hand now, under the blanket of stars on a hot summer night, he traces the back of her hand, his eyes trained up at the constellations intensely and she wonders if he knows hes grasping her hand at all.

his thumb traces circles on her hand and they sit there, looking up at the stars, nothing but good vibes and good company.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───