𝐟𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐚 𝐦𝐚𝐧 - 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦 𝐱 𝐟𝐞𝐦!𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫

𝙢𝙮 𝙘𝙤𝙪𝙨𝙞𝙣𝙨 𝙥𝙧𝙚𝙜𝙣𝙖𝙣𝙩 𝙨𝙤 𝙞 𝙜𝙤𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙞𝙙𝙚𝙖!!

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

florida's a nice place, she's come to realise. the way the palm trees sway in the wind on a clear summer day and the way the water, as clear and as blue as the sky sparkles in the sunlight makes the state feel more like a paradise than anything else.

it helps that the man she's in love with is right here by her side as well, but she'd never admit it.

"clay?" she says, almost too quiet for the man next to her to hear what she's saying over the hum of the breeze and the splashing of water as the two figures lay sprawled out side-by-side on a big, square towel on the shore of the lake where other couples and families lounge together in the water or on the grass and sand; but they're in a secluded area, where no one can hear them.

clay hums in response and she glances over at him. he's lying face down, his eyes closed and the sun beating down on his back with golden rays.

"i was thinking..." she starts, doing her best not to let her nervousness show through her voice.

"that's a first," he mumbles teasingly, the corners of his mouth curling upwards and his green eyes blinking open.

"i- shut up- i was thinking," she continues, pulling her hat off of her head and tossing it at her boyfriend, and immediately regretting it, the sun shining directly into her face. "i want kids." her voice comes out more nervously than she had wanted, but she ignores it, watching clay nervously.

he draws his head up, eyebrows furrowed and his mouth curved up in a confused smile.

"kids?" he echoes slowly. "where's this come from?"

her hand trails subconsciously to her stomach, and she feels her heart beating fast.

"i guess, it came from here." she murmurs, watching his gaze drop to her stomach. he thinks for a moment, confused, before realising what she's saying and jumps up. his jaw drops, and he tangled his hands in his hair, laughing in surprise and happiness. she smiles, relieved to see his happy expression.

"are you-" he interrupts himself with another short laugh and holds his hand out to her. she takes it, letting him pull her to her feet and envelop her in a hug. "are you serious?" he says quietly, whispering in her ear. she bites her lip, holding back tears, and nods. "don't cry, this is amazing! i'm gonna be a dad!"

he drops to his knees and sets his hands on her stomach, making her laugh at his gentleness. his green eyes are filled with a softness she's never seen.

"i'm gonna be your dad," he whispers to her stomach, to their baby. "i promise you i'm gonna try to be the best dad ever."

she pulls him to his feet again, wrapping her arms around his waist and smiling when he hugs her back.

"you will be the best dad ever."

"yeah," he grins, looking down at her with a wink. "i know."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───