𝐛𝐥𝐮𝐞 - 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝

𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙘𝙖𝙣 𝙗𝙚 𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙩𝙤𝙣𝙞𝙘 𝙤𝙧 𝙧𝙤𝙢𝙖𝙣𝙩𝙞𝙘:)

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

blue has always been the most beautiful color in dream's eyes. maybe that's why his eyes trail over the sparkling navy-black sky that rolled out over his kingdom. because throughout his time- though the man is still young, he's seen a lot more than anyone should have to see- through the construction of the great nations; through the wars and the fights and the life that bloomed like dandelions amongst the worn concrete paths, the one thing that stayed constant was the sky.

the same sky he watches on his back from the top of some hill outside the kingdom he built from nothing. the kingdom he calls home.

it's a cool november night, the type of night that's humid enough to not completely drain the air of moisture, and warm enough that the fair-haired man lays contently with a green hoodie and a pair of worn, baggy white cargo pants, an arm tucked under his head. the wind ruffles his shaggy hair and the fabric of his clothes, and the grass pokes at his hands and neck, but he's been laying down for too long to feel it, and the night sky holds his attention hostage.

and maybe it's the dinner he had eaten too much of hours earlier or the way the star-speckled sky seems to spin above him, but his eyes start to hurt and he feels dizzy. or maybe it's the way he can see in his minds eye the way george looks at him, no matter how exasperated dream makes him, or how narrow his eyes are from laughing too hard at his best friends antics; george looks at him like he's his whole world, like dream holds the sun and the moon in his hands but really if he's the world then george is the sun.

if dream's being honest, he didn't much care for the color blue before george came along. before that it was just another color to be admired and then quickly forgotten. but george came along and with him brought blue wherever he went, and for some reason, dream couldn't find it in him to mind. 

so he stares at the navy sky as much as he does the stars, and smiles. he smiles because as beautiful as they are, none of the stars in the sky could ever compare to the way george's eyes sparkle when they see him.

but he's content with just watching the stars for now.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───