𝐜𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐞 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 - 𝐣𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐭 𝐱 𝐟𝐞𝐦!𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫

𝙏𝙒: 𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙨 𝙤𝙛 𝙖 𝙝𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙧+𝙖𝙡𝙘𝙤𝙝𝙤𝙡+𝙝𝙤𝙤𝙠𝙪𝙥𝙨

𝙛𝙚𝙢!𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙙𝙚𝙧 𝙬𝙖𝙠𝙚𝙨 𝙪𝙥 𝙖𝙛𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙖 𝙣𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙘𝙡𝙪𝙗𝙗𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙖𝙩 𝙨𝙘𝙝𝙡𝙖𝙩𝙩'𝙨 𝙝𝙤𝙪𝙨𝙚 𝙗𝙘 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙮 𝙝𝙤𝙤𝙠𝙚𝙙 𝙪𝙥. 𝙝𝙚'𝙨 𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙖𝙨𝙡𝙚𝙚𝙥 𝙨𝙤 𝙨𝙝𝙚 𝙝𝙚𝙡𝙥𝙨 𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛 𝙩𝙤 𝙨𝙤𝙢𝙚 𝙗𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙠𝙛𝙖𝙨𝙩, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙫𝙚𝙨.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

the bed and everything under the blankets are warm, a stark contrast from the close to icy winter-in-new york air biting at the tip of her nose, and the apples of her cheeks that aren't layered by thick cotton sheets. it takes a moment for the girl to fully wake up, and even when she sits up groggily, vision swarming with bright white stars and head filled with foggy memories of a night out the night before, she's not all there. maybe it's the morning or the raging hangover working it's magic, but her throat is dry and the room is slowly spinning, and she feels warm at the stomach and at the heart.

the room she's in looks unfamiliar, but she doesn't react to the realization, still not in the right mindset to be scared or functioning correctly in any way. it's a new york apartment, that's for sure, from the buildings outside and the familiar hum of the street stories below. a stirring next to her draws her attention and her gaze turns downwards and to her left. there's a boy there, shirtless, asleep, and looking adorable bundled up in his blankets.

ah, that makes sense.

his dark hair is messy, covering what could have been the alcohol but what looked like the brightest pair of brown eyes she'd ever seen the night before. 

bits and pieces from last night drift back to her as she slides out of the bed, feeling the carpeted wood underneath her feet ground her and the room stops spinning. she stands up slowly, using the bedframe to steady herself, taking deep breaths to slow her pounding heart. there are no lights on, but the morning sun making it's way across the sky and reflecting off the windows of every building it's glow reaches is enough to light up the flat, so she doesn't bother turning on the lights as she makes her way down the hall to the kitchen.

work with what you've got, she thinks, searching through the boys cupboards. maybe she shouldn't be sifting through a strangers belongings, but she's too hungry and too hungover to care.

in the end, her humble breakfast is a piece of toast and a glass of water, but it'll keep her hunger at bay until she gets home. she doesn't know exactly how to get home, but she will- somehow. she always does.

the boy still isn't awake by the time she finishes breakfast and puts the dishes in the dishwasher, returning back to the room to gather her things, and she almost laughs as she looks down at his figure still sleeping peacefully on the bed. 

jesus christ, he's snoring.

she snorts quietly, grinning at him. maybe they'd see each other again, most likely not, so she sighs and takes her bracelet off that somehow stayed on the whole night and places it neatly on his nightstand. the last thing she does before she leaves is press a quick, gentle kiss to the boy's head. a wordless goodbye.

the door to his flat shuts with a quiet creak, and then the girl disappears into the crowd of people getting on with their own lives outside, oblivious to what had happened minutes before and last night. that's just how she likes it.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───