𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 - 𝐜𝐬𝐜𝐨𝐨𝐩

𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙞𝙨 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙬𝙚𝙚𝙩𝙚𝙨𝙩 𝙥𝙚𝙤𝙥𝙡𝙚 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙡𝙙- 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙬𝙝𝙤 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙖𝙧𝙚 <3 

𝙘𝙤𝙤𝙥𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙖𝙠𝙚𝙨 𝙖 𝙬𝙖𝙡𝙠 𝙖𝙡𝙤𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙚𝙖𝙘𝙝 𝙩𝙤 𝙨𝙤𝙧𝙩 𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙨𝙤𝙢𝙚 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙨

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

cooper walks barefoot along the edge of the water, kicking and dragging his feet through the soft, wet sand. his hands are shoved into the front pocket of his hoodie, his shoes hanging off of his belt, tied to the belt buckle by the laces; and his eyes, stormy and almost grey are trained down at the sand beneath his feet.

clouds churn in the sky above him, rolling and stretching over the beach, blocking out the stars; almost as dark and grey and the turmoil within his own eyes. the smell of rain joins the salty tang of the ocean in his nose, but he doesn't bother turning back and walking to his car. he could, he could turn around and run to the vehicle. he could bottle everything up and not look back and go home, put on a baggy t-shirt and a pit of boxers and go to sleep; forget everything for a night.

but he doesn't.

a hundred thousand thoughts race through his mind, and he feels lost within his own head. despite all the questions bouncing around and bubbling up on the tip of his tongue, his throat closes up and he can't bring himself to ask them. he feels almost numb.

it starts to rain.

the droplets of water from the sky sprinkle down upon him, joining the seawater in washing over his bare feet. he doesn't mind- it's just more water.

his phone dings with messages from his friends, concerned texts and missed calls, but the noise sounds distant; as distant as the waves crashing on the horizon.

but gradually his head starts to clear, and he finds himself feeling a bit better. not the temporary better that he feels when he's playing fall guys with sam and travis, the better that happens when you know you're going to be ok. the better comes gradually, and it'll take some time until he's perfectly fine, but it's starting now, and he smiles softly. the storm in his blue eyes lighten as the storm above him grows stronger, and he finds himself feeling almost elated. his heart feels lighter, and for some reason he wants to run. he wants to run and he wants to run and run until he collapses from exhaustion, he wants to run with a smile on his face and the wind in his hair.

his feet start moving faster, no longer dragging, but pounding at the sand. he laughs, arms pumping, and he runs. his head feels light, and he wonders if he stretched out his arms like a bird if he'd start soaring.

he runs for what seems like forever, and maybe if was; because when he finally stops, at the end of the beach, his breath coming fast and heavy and a wide grin on his face, he can't see the neighbourhood where he parked his car.

his chest rises and falls under his hoodie, his hair slicked back and stuck to his forehead and neck, drenched with rain and sweat. he starts walking back the way he came, head thrown back and grinning up at the sky, hands tucked into his pant pockets.

he finally comes to a stop at his car, his feet aching and his cheeks hurting from all the smiling, and he's sure he looks like he's crazy, with rain-soaked clothes and a wide grin on his face, but he can't bring himself to care as he slides into his car behind the wheel. he flips on the light, fishes his phone out from his pocket and calls travis. he picks up immediately, his voice crackling through the speaker with concern and a dozen questions.

"where are you? are you safe? are you coming home? cooper, you idiot, why'd you disappear like that!?"

a short laugh leaves coopers parted lips, and he runs a hand through his hair, looking down at his phone and talking softly.

"i'm coming home now, travis. i'm ok."

and he means it.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───