four : pictures of girls

Without hesitation, you run towards one another & meet half way. Braeden's arms wrap around your waist instantly as you sink your head into his neck. Your arms resting on his back travel to his neck as he lifts you off the ground.

Braeden echos your muffled laugh & places you back down, releasing his grip slightly. His eyes trail your face as his hand moves to trace your jaw. You stand there, mirroring his wide grin you remember so fondly.

"You should be down in Hollywood?" You raise an eyebrow.

"I've been caught." His cheeky smile somehow widens, "It's still always for you."

———————————————————————

"But what if i-"

"I'm gonna stop you right there, Y/N"

Braeden grabs you by your shoulders & shakes you slightly. You are sitting on the empty bleachers at Saugus High School, sometimes glancing over to watch the football team doing drills.

It was the best place to be after school when you wanted some alone time together, not distracted by the loud conversations at the local diner or the kids at the skate park.

You pull away from him, sliding across the bench & watch the team below you as he talks. "You need to get out of the city, out the suburbs. Sure, it won't be the same without you but it's something you have to do."

You turn back to look at him & tilt your head playfully. "& what will you do without me, Brae?"

His serious face shapes into a smirk. "You're not all that great you know," Braeden turns his body to also face the practice, his arms stretched, resting them on the bench behind you & punches your shoulder closest to him.

"I can handle being without you for a little bit but i might have to steal a few of your polaroids so i don't forget your face." You hear his voice deepen, what always happens when he gets sincere.

"In all seriousness, you should be with the other movie stars."

"I wanna be a director."

"Right, well, with fellow photography enthusiasts."

You look down at your lap to try to conceal your smile.

"You should be down in Hollywood, Y/N."

———————————————————————-

"What's going on here?" Ezra appears from their dressing room, followed by the other Vampire Weekend members.

"They're old friends." Cole explains & you both release each other as you take a step back, already missing his touch once again.

"Have a great set guys!" Braeden calls to them as you watch them make their way onto the stage.

"It's my turn!" Dylan runs up to you & hugs you, squeezing slightly. "We've missed you so much, Y/N."

As he lets go, you turn to Cole, embracing him in your arms. "It's great to you see you again, Y/N."

"You too, guys. I see The Fever has evolved." The three of them laugh as you pull away.

Your gaze finds Braeden's, his eyes travelling across your body. "I see you've still got my jacket."

You look down at the brown bomber jacket covering your navy shirt. You smile to yourself, not realising you were wearing it.

"Come on, The Fever, lets go have a reunion while we eat." You look back at Dylan walking away, beckoning the three of you to follow.

Cole walks towards him first, leaving you & Braeden to find yourselves smiling sadly at each other once again.

"Come on," Braeden reaches his hand out for you take take it. "It seems as though we have a lot to catch up on."

You take his hand & he pulls you next to him, squeezing your hand & whispers into your ears, "& i want my jacket back."