seventeen : park date

"So, where is he taking you?" Lydia asks.

You & Lydia have been close since you met & wrote an article on her band, The Regrettes. Although you are also friends with Genessa, Sage & Drew, you & Lydia are constantly texting, calling or hanging out. Today was no different.

After a short thrifting trip at the local charity shops, you wanted to fuel up at your favourite café before your date with Jackson. While waiting in line & walking to your table, you had been laughing about the amusing moments from today.

"I think he's just taking me to the park," you say as you both sit at the table, "probably for a walk and we'll get food from a hot dog cart."

"Or he's exclusively rented a patch of grass-"

"I don't think you can do that."

"-& prepared a picnic surrounded by fairy lights," Lydia continues, ignoring your interruption, "then he'll take you to the café & a band he hired will serenade you as the two of you ride away on a horse & carriage..."

You raise an eyebrow & stare at her excited grin. "I'm not expecting any of that. We've just been to the movies & a restaurant a couple of times."

"Dates are supposed to get better every time you see each other." She leans closer to you, sliding her sandwich & drink out of the way, "He's basically now your  boyfriend."

You scoff at that infamous term & throw your head back in disgust. Of course you liked him & you wanted more to your relationship with Jackson, but you've been down this road too many times.

Dan: six dates, "you're too good for me"

Cameron: eight dates, "I've met someone else"

Harry: two dates, "my mum really wants to meet you"

Patrick: four dates, "i just need to focus on myself"

Nathan: three dates, "maybe we'll meet again in another life"

Alex: five dates, "I'm in love with you" BLOCKED

All of them: now in serious relationships, happy.

"Well, what are you thinking?"

You bring your head back to face Lydia taking a sip from her drink. You actually have no idea what you're thinking. Everything is going well between Jackson & you, but there's one other guy always in the back of your mind. Braeden.

But you can't tell anyone that, even one of your closest friends.

"I really like him & I'm looking forward to getting to know him more & seeing where things go between us."

Lydia rolls her eyes & pretends to gag on your words, exaggerating extensively. "Come on
Y/N! That's the most cliche thing I've ever heard & I'm in a pop punk band."

"Well it's true," you shrug your shoulders, "I love being around him & the way he makes me feel."

"Butttt....."

"But nothing."

She furrows her eyebrows at you and frowns. "Are you forgetting i can read you like a book? What about that Brandon guy?"

"Braeden."

"From that band with Cole &...what's the other dude called?"

"Dylan."

"Right! That guy's cute." She points at you, "Is there anything going on there?"

Is there anything going on there? You repeat the question in your mind. He felt certain to clear things up with you & was really protective when Jackson got angry at you. Also, all those words he muttered, did they mean something?