CHAPTER 1

"Charmie? Charmie? Charmie?!"
My mom already called me three times and I didn't hear it maybe because I'm overthinking things again.

"Yes, mom?"

"It's dinner time, go out from your room, what are you doing by the way? I already called you 3 times?"

"Sorry mom, maybe the music is too loud that I didn't hear you," I responded

*At the table

"How was your school?" My 8-year-old cousin asked.

"Oh, yes Charmie, how was your school?" My mom also asked.

Yes, my Dad left us. Joshua is my cousin and his mom is on abroad his Dad is working also. I'm an only child. I don't have any siblings maybe that's why sometimes I feel so lonely.

"Charmie?"
-Oh! yes, mom?
"What's wrong? What are you thinking? Is there something wrong?"
-Oh no no no, I'm just sleepy. Sorry, mom maybe I'll not eat my dinner for now coz I wanna go to bed already don't worry mom I'll eat that if I feel hungry.
"Oh, okay good night." And kissed my forehead.

*At my room

I stared at the stars and wondered why my mom acted nice to me this day?

"Ewwww"
Zoe said one of the popular girls on the campus.
"Hey trash, why are you here? You don't belong to this school. YOU BELONG TO THE TRASHCAN." And she pushed me.
Her three gorgeous bestfriend laughed at me.

"Why are you smiling??" Sophia asked me, the muse of the campus.

I didn't notice that I wore my smile while I'm thinking that what if I was pretty like them...

"What is the importance of mining, miss Charmie?" Our Science Teacher asked.

I respond, "Mined materials are needed to-- I didn't finish because there's someone who interrupted.

"Hahaha, are you kidding professor? why are you asking Charmie of what's the importance of bla bla while she doesn't even know what's the purpose of her life" Zoe said.

The whole classed laugh at me even our professor.

I tried to stop my tears from falling on my cheeks. Uhm, wait, haha who am I kidding?! I really don't need to cry right now because Zoe's right, I don't know what's the purpose of me being here.

"Okay class that's enough" Professor said.
"Anyway forget of what Zoe said earlier, Charmie. pls, continue what's your answer."

"Uhm the importance of mining, P-professor."
•M-mined materials are needed to construct r-road and hospitals to build a-automobiles and houses, to make c-computers and satellites.
I always don't have the confidence to answer.

"Okay, very good. Thank you Miss Charmie."

Okay, class it's your snack time we'll finish these topics next meeting and don't forget to bring colored papers, thank you for the cooperation.

*DURING SNACK TIME*

"Hahaha yes yes of course it was so fun." A group of boys said.

While I don't have any groups, no-one wants me to be part of their group anyway.

I always eat my snacks with no one. There's no one who wants to sit beside me, I'm used to it. This always happens to me so no need to worry. I whispered to myself.