Chapter Five

"This goes against everything we have ever stood for Anna!"

I ignore Lillian's shouts as I rock the only light of my life in my arms.

"None of that matters now Lillian, all that matters is her."

I gently tap her nose with my finger as I watch her sleep in my arms, she is like an angel she came into my life when I needed her the most and I just hope that she never leaves.

"It's just a baby Anna!"

"It's my baby!"

I shout at her, my eyes turn black as the night sky and the six black veins appear under my eyes, three under each eye.

But I instantly regret it as Sophia starts to cry and what's left of my heart falls apart when I look down at my little innocent infant daughter, she is staring at me with her beautiful hazel green eyes are tears just overflowing from them, but what gets me is the terrified look in them as she crys.

"Carolyn! Helen! Kathleen!"

In a blur three of my sisters stand in front of the brown rocking chair that I sit in, only wearing a silk bathrobe as I only just gave birth to this little angel a few hours ago.

"She is beautiful Anna."

"She looks so much like you."

"She has the Nightwood hair."

They all comment as they look lovely at their niece, I smile in thanks at them but my eyes never leave this little girl, I just can't stop staring at her. Even if she has only been in this world for a few hours she had already captured my heart and soul.

Liliana scoffs from where she stands looking through the peak in the curtains at the busy London streets.

"The child is making all of you weak!"

Lillian shouts before storming out, slamming the two wooden doors behind her.

I sigh as all three of them do.

"She is just upset Anna, but she'll come around." Helen trys to reassure me but even I know that is not true. It's been over two hundred years since I turned Lillian as well as my other sister's into vampires and she still hasn't forgiven me for it.

"Has Daisy gotten my letter?"

"Yes, she is taking care of the governor tonight and she shall meet us at dawn tomorrow." Kathleen says softly as she stares in adornment at the now sleeping baby.

How strange, she's cries but than she soothes herself back to sleep...what a strange little thing you are...

"Ruth and Alice?"

Kathleen sucks in a deep breath, "As planned they are heading for America, they will settle down in a small quiet town and than we shall follow. But I must say Anna you have done a good job at ticking both of them off to point of them actually wanting to kill you." Kathleen mutters with a frown and I return the frown.

Before I can reply, the two wooden doors of the small bedroom slam open and in a burr Lillian stands in front of Helen, Kathleen, Carolyn and I.

She holds out a brown basket and glares at me.

"You can't keep it." Her eyes have turned black and her jaw is tight, she is holding back her fangs.

She's right I can't keep her, I have been lying to myself for the last three months that I could actually keep her.

"Helen, Kathleen, Carolyn, I need you to put her where things that need to be forgotten go."