Chapter Ten

There are five things racing through my mind right now.

1: Charles or Ethan are lying, it just doesn't make sense, why would Charles lie to me? I have no reason to think Ethan is lying either, besides the fact that he is a stranger and might possibly have some kind of anger towards Charles.

2: Charles is definitely hiding something, why else would he lock his bedroom door when he isn't home? But what is he hiding? I have to find out.

3: Why did Jackson call me Sophia? I mean that's the first words he said to me. Do I look like her? Do I act like her? Did I dress like her? And why did he speak to me in French? And creepily stare at me?

4: This whole Sophia thing I need to figure out, you don't just randomly call some girl another girl's name without a reason!

5: Octavia...She was as pale as snow, her hair was white, her eyes were so light blue they could've passed as white! And when she spoke of how she dosen't have a great relationship with her family, I mean I can understand that, but then she went on about upsetting the spirits if we talked about Sophia in the house and then she dragged me out of the house. Now she was like a toothpick! But as soon as she grab me and started dragging me I knew she had some strength! Then she told me about Sophia and how she went missing many years ago. Then why was Jackson and Blake fighting over her and looking for her? Then Octavia saying that the wolf that was howling was not the only one we upset by talking about SOPHIA and then she just randomly disappeared...

I sigh as I close the journal, honestly, I am not one for writing or journaling but I just have to keep track of all this. Because if I don't,
I fear that I would forget all the  questions I have. I am once again home alone, apparently, Charles is out hunting. It doesn't really matter anyway, it's been three days since the dinner with Jackson and his family. Charles and I haven't spoken much and honestly it was getting awkward.

I sigh, I haven't heard from my mom in the past week I have been here, I mean I know she is busy with work and...Stephen, I imagine she is worrying but yet still not giving up the time to write me or even call Charles to check up on me. Both my parents could really not give a damn about me! I mean I do everything I can to please them. I get good grades, I clean, I don't complain and yet they still can't even spend time with me without making me clean or make promises to them, even when they don't keep their promises...

I get off my bed and rub my forehead with my hand, I need to get out of this house and just escape my problems for a few hours, I think it will do me some good to get some fresh air. After much thought, I decided to go on a walk, so I change out of grey sweatpants and a white t-shirt and into a light sandy- colored dress that has long sleeves and stops just inches above my knees, I slip on a pair of brown boots that are waterproof since we are on the West side of the state. I grab a black leather jacket and slip that on as well, I also grab an all- white knitted hat that has a big ball of fake fur on the top of it. I dress more for the winter season today as it is a colder day and I really don't have time for a cold, even though I have never really been the one to get sick. I walk out of my room and shut the door beside me so that dog won't get into my room.

I have never been one for animals, of course, I don't hate them it's just that they've never have liked me. I mean ever since I was just a child animals have either run away from me or growled at me. It has happened so many times that my parents actually made the decision when I was younger to never take me into a pet store, zoo or basically anywhere that had lots of animals. But it's strange this dog doesn't run or even growl at me. I stop when I come to the kitchen, by the table is a dog bed and in the dog bed is the dog, I believe Charles called him Bear.