|10|

"Alright, here's what we're going to do. I'm gonna handle the door and the gatekeeper droid, then we can both just casually stroll in. Nothing has to get messy," I explain, glancing up at him a few times as I spoke. he nods his head and I quickly walk around the corner, stopping in front of the gate keeper droid as it popped out of the wall. I smile and hold up the chit card. It quickly retracts and the door slides right open. 

I nod my head to the side and Mando quickly makes his way over to where I was standing. We walk in together, moving side by side. I think we took a good three steps in before two stormtroopers rushed around the corner and right into view. And before I could even say anything, Mando whipped his blaster out and shot both of them. I dipped my head and let out a small sigh as their armored bodies hit the floor. 

"That's kinda the definition of things getting messy," I mutter, slowly looking up at him. He peers down at me as alarms in the building start to go off. I let out another irritated sigh, knowing that it really could've been avoided.

We trek into the main room, taking down anyone that dared to cross our path. We soon stop in front of the door and make quick work of opening it up, but just as I step in, a blaster bolt flies straight at me. I turn to the side, easily avoiding it. But as I turn back to face the trooper again, another shot comes right at me. This time, the last manages to hit me in my left shoulder, making me yelp in pain. 

I press myself against the wall and grasp onto my burning shoulder as Mando raced forward, taking care of the few troopers in the room. I slide down the wall, sucking in a sharp breath of air while trying to suck in the mass amount of pain I was feeling. It's definitely been a hot minute since someone actually managed to hit me with a blaster bolt. 

Kriff, if Solo saw me now, he'd never let me hear the end of it. 

Mando soon returns, slowly kneeling down in front of my slightly slumped figure. 

"Are you alright? Can you stand?" he asks, setting a hand on my good shoulder. You know, the one that didn't feel like it was on fucking fire. 

"I was shot in the shoulder, not the leg," I groan, furrowing my brows at him as his gloved fingers gently dug into the skin of my uninjured shoulder. 

"Good, then let's get going," he says, showing off the small child that he was cradling in his arms. I hum and he holds his hand out to me. I grab it and let him pull me back up to my feet. 

We quickly make our way through the large building. As we sped through the halls and rooms, I kept my hand on my blaster instead of cradling my injured shoulder. I figured having my blaster ready would be better than coddling my blaster wound. 

We soon step into an empty room, making us think that we were in the clear, but a group of troopers flood into the room and surround us, aiming the muzzles of their blasters right at our faces. You know, usually, I wouldn't be too worried about them trying to shoot at us since most troopers have shitty aim. But I was starting to worry just a little the closer they got. 

"Put your weapons down," the one in front says, taking another step towards me. I glare at him and shake my head, praying that he wouldn't make the mistake of stepping any closer to me. He seems to falter for a moment, but then he lets out a loud laugh, his shoulders practically shaking with amusement. "That's right. I remember exactly who you are now. Daddy's little girl never did like listening to orders."

My glare grows even stronger and I start to grind my teeth. I start to think long and hard about what I was about to do, trying to figure out if it was really the best thing for me to do right now. I slowly flip my blaster up on my pointer finger, loosely aiming it at the tall ceiling as if I were actually surrendering to them.