7

"Alright, Virgil. Let's begin. Can I please have your name?" Virgil tense up bad as Eli glanced over a bit. She noticed the look in his eyes and sighed as she smiled. "It's alright if you don't want to give it out. Many here don't in fact. Some use pseudonym or shorten their name. Some use Nicknames while others only share part of it like their first, middle, or last. You're free to do as you chose."

"Virgil Blake." Eli frowned noticing how Virgil's hands were shaking. "My name is Virgil Blake."

"Alright, Virgil. Age?"

"18."

"Any allergies?"

"Not that I'm aware of no."

"Any medical issues and or disabilities I should know about?" Virgil froze up instantly visibly going rigid and magic the nurse get concerned. "Virgil? If I am to provide proper and adequate help, I need to know these things." Virgil cringed as he looked away feeling his anxiety burn through him. "Do you have any..."

"I have a sugar thing? I don't know what it is really. None of the doctors could tell me." The nurse frowned as Virgil started to fidget. "My sugar will crash randomly... well not randomly. I have a very high metabolism that makes it so my body will burn through my sugar at extremely high speeds. If I don't eat enough I could end up having a sugar crash." 

"Alright. I'll be sure to inform the lunch workers to make sure your meals have an increased sugar count." Virgil smiled a bit before frowning again as he hugged himself. "Is there anything else?"

"I uh... I don't want to want to cause problems. I've lived with this for as long as I can remember..." The look she gave him shut him up as he groaned. "My mother said I was a very... weak child. I don't know. I don't remember anything from when I was young. In terms of strength and speed, I'm pretty good. I'm stronger than most and have good stamina but..."

"But..."

"I'm pretty frail." Her eyes narrowed as Virgil shivered a bit under his hoodie.

"Do you mind taking your jacket off?" Virgil's eyes filled with fear but still did what he was told knowing there was no fighting her. The second he did her eyes went wide. You couldn't tell when he had it on but he was incredibly thin. Not to the point where he was lanky as he was defined but it was highly concerning. He was very small in stature and size. The definition of any muscles he did have did nothing to add life to his form. He looked sick even though he wasn't. His overly paled skin on top of it made him look close to death yet he just sat there with a knowing smirk. He'd seen that look before on every doctor that came to see him. It wasn't his fault he looked so frail. It wasn't his fault his body didn't seem to be strong enough to survive. Yet he did. He survived, much to everyone's confusion. "I have to be careful with what I'm doing. I'm really strong but easily broken so... One good hit and I could end up bedridden for a long while."

"Alright. That's something I really needed to know. That way we can be weary and take measures should something happen."

"Nothing happens. I've survived 18 years, Ma'am. I'll be fine." Eli's eyes only narrowed as he curled up a bit.

"Is that all?"

"Physically? Yes." He noticed her gaze and cringed horribly under it as he let out a silent hiss. "I... I wasn't lying. That's all I have physically?"

"And mentally? I need to know this, Virgil."

"I have anxiety." She nodded as she wrote everything down making him roll his eyes. "Really... really bad anxiety. I have sensory issues... certin sounds seem to bother me. Like specific loud bells..." Virgil cringed as Eli suddenly looked over at him with this look in her eyes. "Not everything bothers me but yea... some do. Also... I lied."

"About?"

"Allergies?" Virgil flinched expecting her to be angry but by this point, she was just listening and waiting. "I'm allergic to certain medals. Specifically iron? I don't really understand it but... It uh... It kinda burns." Eli sat there for a while just thinking as she worked through things in her mind. "Ma'am?" She could see Virgil was nervous but she couldn't just ignore all the signs he literally just gave her.

"Do you mind take some blood?"

"WHAT, WHY?!" She smiled softly as Virgil shook with anxiety.

"I just want to run a test. You see, Virgil. Many of the things you've discribed to me are fairly common here." Virgil's eyes widdened as Eli pointed at her self. "Even I suffer from them. I was wondering if you'd allow me to do a single test to see if you have the same... 'affliction' as we do. I won't if you don't allow it."

"None of the doctors could ever tell me what was wrong with me." Her eyes softened in understanding as Virgil seemed to relax a bit. "You... You deal with it too?"

"Specifically the iron issue to be persise. Odd, adhd, even some autistic tendicies such as sensory issues and eye contact avoidance." Virgil's face seemed to fill with relief over someone actually understanding him for one and he nodded frantic for anwsers. 

"Alright. Let me see your arm." She grabbed her kit and as carefully as she could, used the plastic instruments to draw some blood as Virgil watching with intrigue and near impatience. She brought the blood over and put it on a cloth she had in a dish before pulling out this contianor. Virgil flinched as the sudden need to run the second the contanor opened. He didn't. He's delt with his anxiety acting up. Especially when he was wearing his amulet that his father gave him one birthday. He watched as Eli took a small spoon and sifted this dark power onto the cloth making it literally burst into flames. Virgil's blood turned to ice the second he saw it. His anxiety pulling him under. Whatever that power was... it could literally kill him. "Well, isn't that a suprise?" Eliena's eyes literally shined as she quickly put the powder away under lock and key before caring for the fire and turning back to the panicking boy. "You are one of us after all."

"I don't... I... Uh..." Her expression softened as she walked over and gently took his hands trying to sooth his fears.

"Virgil, do you remember anything from about where you came from?"

"Came from? I'm from Aeiser." She sighed as she shook her head and slowly moved back to her seat. "I... I don't... Ma'am. What the hell was that powder stuff?"

"Pure powdered cold iron." Virgil paled as her eyes only darkened. "Virgil, do you know what you are?"

"You're confusing me..." She didn't respond but she could see something was wrong. Virgil was clearly panicking but... She could see this spark around his hand as he gripped his arms. Sparks of magic no doubt and she sighed.

"Don't worry, Virgil. The powder is sealed and protected by magic. It cannot be opened unless by me." His eyes whipped up as she held her hand out making a soft green glow haze about her outstretched hand. "I told you. We're the same. In fact, out of everywhere... you'll find more of your find here then anywhere else nearby."

"My... My kind?" She only nodded as Virgil slowly started to uncurl himself. "What do you mean... my kind?"

"This camp isn't normal in the slightest, Virgil. To the 'Humans' that go here its a normal summer camp and to them it's all it will be. However to people like us... it's a refuge... a home. We live here and learn here..." Virgil blinked as he fell into the silence and just listened to what Eli was saying. "We have classes outside of the normal activities for those of our kind. It's usually for the younger of us, but I recommend you joining it. You could use the lessons."

"You want me to take classes? About..."

"You're people, Virgil..." Virgil tensed as Eli just nodded. "And your magic. You'll never have full control if you don't understand what you are. So... If you accept and intend on staying... I will enroll you in them as soon as possible. I will also inform all the teachers and concilers of this as well. Tho... having Roman on your side already is quite a feet." Virgil tilted his head in confusion as she just laughed. "Don't worry about it for now. However... I must have an answer about the classes, Virgil. I do believe it will help a lot."

"Whatever you think will help me to stay." Her eyes lit up as Virgil scratched his arms a bit. "I have no idea what you're going on about but... Roman wants me to stay... and I really don't have anywhere else to go so..."

"Trust me, Virgil. This is where you belong."