39

"And that brings me to you." Virgil giggled softly as he spoke more to himself than the two faes before him. Remus frowned in confusion as he looked over to see his mate with a tilted head clearly just as confused as he was. "What? Oh sorry. I was talking to myself." 

"I was about to say... that was literally the first thing you said since ambushing us on the way to crafts."

"Yea! I'm mad about that." Remus whined as he pouted over at the changling. "I was gonna start painting my paper mache decapitated head. I'm paining on making it look like it was rotting BEFORE they were killed. Like a zombie!"

"Only you, Begonia." Virgil teased making Remus clam up instantly at the nickname. 

"Don't call me that." Virgil stopped noticing the glare Remus was giving him.

"What? Begonia?" 

"I SAID DON'T CALL ME THAT!" Remus toxic yellow-green magic swirled around them as Virgil smiled sadly. "If your not going to listen then I'm going back to crafts." Virgil's eyes flashed as his silver magic flared pinning the two fairies to the bed and making Remus growl. "You do realize I am royalty and this is..."

"I'm Roman's mate." Remus's eyes shot open in shock. "That gives me just as much authority as Vervain here... Besides, I'm not attacking you. I'm not doing anything that would be considered treasonous. I just need you to stay here and listen. Ok, Bego-... Sorry. Remus?" Remus visibly tensed as Virgil sighed letting his magic filter out so they could move if they wanted. "I'm not going to do anything elaborate with you two. Janus doesn't know so it's more you I'm 'coming out' too in a sense." 

"Coming out?"

"In a way." Virgil smiled as he hugged himself a bit. "A few days prior at breakfast I revealed that I am a changling." Janus nodded see as Remus was far too on edge to indicate he had heard. " As you probably figured out Logan already knew." Again Janus nodded as Remus's eyes narrowed. "He also knew exactly who I was, which was why he asked me if I remembered... which I do... now."

"Remember?" Remus's voice was shaky but Virgil was still able to hear it.

"As a changling, I had been on earth too long and lost my connection to fairyland. I lost all my memories involving it so... I didn't know who I was before I was Virgil Blake." Remus's eyes softened as Virgil fidgeted with his fingers anxiously. "But that being said when I came here..."

"Does this have to do with why you and Roman were so drawn to each other right from the start?" Virgil nodded making Remus jump up at the admission. "Wait your serious? Why? What was it about you two..."

"We're mates, Remus." 

"Well, yeah. I figured he would choose you but I'm talking about..."

"We were mates... Remus." Virgil reiterated making Remus falter. Janus frowned in confusion as he took Remus's hand seeing how the prince was shaking.

"What are you talking about?" Virgil sighed as he started to mess with his hoodie just trying to calm his nerves. After all, this isn't Logan or Patton. This was Remus. Roman twin brother... If Remus hates him because of this... He didn't know what he would do. "Virgil..."

"When we were small... Roman had taken me to this special place of ours. No one knew we took care of it but us and it was just a nice place to be together." Virgil could visibly see how Remus's breath seemed to leave him. "We were so little, we didn't know what we were doing but... we didn't care. Roman told me this story about your father talking to you both about marriage."

"V-Virg..."

"Roman said when he was older he wanted to marry me." The way Remus completely crashed scared the shit out of Janus as Virgil just stared blankly at the wall behind them. "He said he wanted to marry me and that there was nothing that would stop him from doing it. He said I'd be his prince and... That was when he'd chosen me to be his mate. I loved him, even as small as I was. All I wanted was to spend forever with my best friend."

"M-Mi..." Virgil finally met with Remus's tear-filled eyes as he let his glamor fall revealing his fairy form and the prince started to sob. "Minuit?!"

"It's ok, Begonia. I may have forgotten for so long but... I remember now." Remus only continued to sob as Janus held him close hoping to calm his mate down while losing his mind in confusion. 

"What... I don't understand." Janus frowned as he squeezed his breaking mate tighter. "What's going on? Who..."

"He's... H-He's R-R-Rom-man's..."

"Nightengale." Remus choked louder as Janus's eyes shot wide. "I'm Nightengale... last of the night fairies. First of my name... mainly because my mate chose it for me." Virgil beamed as he chuckled seeing how Remus was falling apart. He didn't actually think Remus would have lost it so much over him. "Begonia, It's ok."

"D-Does... Does Roman know?" Virgil tensed as he shook his head making Remus's eyes narrow as he tried to collect himself. 

"Not yet. I told Patton the other day and as I said Logan figured it out before I even remembered."

"Why haven't... h-haven't you told h-him yet?" Virgil smiled sadly as he stared at his hands in thought. "M-Minuit?"

"Think about it, Ray. This is Roman we're talking about. How do you think he's going to take it." Remus when to say something but Virgil cut him off before he could. "He won't be mad. I know that. Roman loves me. We're mates. He can't leave me even if he wanted to. I'm not worried about that."

"Then why won't you tell him?"

"I'm GOING to tell him." Virgil quickly responded hoping to relieve some worry. "He not only needs to know but he deserves to. I WANT him to know. I just... I have to be smart about it. He knows I'm a changling. He knows I remembered who I am. He knows how the bond has to do with it, and he knows that it's important. I'm not keeping anything from him I just have to slowly introduce him to the idea that the friend he's been grieving over is right there in front of him." Remus's eyes slowly widened as Virgil nodded. "If I just outright tell him who I am he will have an attack and you know as well as I do it won't be a good one. I can't shock him with this."

"So how do plan on doing it?"

"I'm going to take my time introducing things to him and if he manages to figure it out before I tell him then that's amazing. I'm hoping to start when we go back to fairyland." Remus jumped up in surprise as Virgil laughed. "Yeah. Roman told me he'd take me back so I can re-establish that connection. I told him I would talk more about my past with him so... I'm hoping that will help to ease him into it." Virgil beamed as he hugged himself tightly completely happy with how everything was going for him. "I just can't wait!"