15

"Roman, I said I was fine." Virgil laughed as Roman nudged his tray in front of him more. "I'm eating. I swear. I am eating." Virgil glanced at the others and rolled his eyes as Patton frowned at him in confusion. "Pat, bud... DAD!" Patton's eyes shot wide as Virgil pleaded with him. "Please tell Roman, I'm ok."

"Virgil, you passed out." Roman growled making the other two frown more seeing Virgil deflate. "Don't tell me you're ok. You aren't. Your hands are still shaking."

"They're shaking because of my anxiety. Roman, please..." Virgil tried one last time to calm him. "I'm ok. Ok? I'm eating. I'm awake. I'm here with you at the main house. And after lunch we have activites together right so... Please relax, poppy." Roman's eyes shot wide with instant tears as Virgil frowned a bit in consern. "Ro?"

"What did... What did you just..."

"Poppy?" Virgil blinked a bit as he curled up and focused on his food. "I'm sorry. It just came out. I wasn't thinking. I mean... you have red hair and... and I just had the name in my head for awhile. I... I kinda liked it better than princey. I won't call you it again though. I'm sorry."

"No." Roman quickly snapped back as he wiped his tears away ignoring the pain in him as he just smiled, wanting to make Virgil feel better. "It's ok. I just uh... I haven't heard that nickname in a long while." Virgil's eyes darted between everyone noticing how Patton was holding back his own tears and Logan look a tad angry. "An old friend of mine used to call me that. I haven't seen him since I was little."

"I'm sorry. Really Ro, I won't say it again. I promise. I just..."

"It's ok. Virgil honestly... It's ok." Roman smiled as he nudged about his food. "I uh... I missed hearing it. Plus... If you call me poppy than I get to call you something to. I'll call you... Campion."

"What? Why?"

"Haven't you ever seen a Rose Campion before?" Roman's eyes shined as Virgil shot him a confused look. "They're this silver grey leafy plant with magenta flowers. They're so pretty."

"So basically what you're saying is I'm your Campion." Roman nodded as he took a bite of his food completely missing the playfull smirk Virgil shot him. "So... Poppy's saying that I'm pretty?" Roman chocked as Virgil laughed a bit. "You walked into that one, Ro."

"No. I just... I... Uh... wait, what?" Virgil giggled estactically as Roman sat there completely stunned. "What did I say? Wait... I'm lost. Virgil?"

"You said Campions were pretty and then said that I was your campion. Obvious that mean you think I'm pretty." Roman actually flushed as Virgil rolled his eyes. He snagged a berry before anyone could say anything as he popped it in his mouth only to jump as Patton yelled out. 

"Kiddo, no!" Virgil's eyes shot wide as Patton jumped up. Roman frowned as he looked back only to see the pure panic in his friend. "Oh no. Oh no..."

"What..." Virgil took another berry making Roman completely crash.

"Virgil, don't eat that!" Virgil tensed in confusion as Roman went to take it only to freeze as Virgil ate it before he could. "No! Damn it."

"It's just a berry. I've stolen fruit from you before. Why are you two so stingy about it now?" Roman crashed as he fell against his seat. 

"It's because these berries are from home, Virgil." Virgil's eyes went wide as Logan sighed and shook his head. "They were a gift from Patton's mother. He was sharing it with us as we are from the same place. As natives to the area we have a natural tolerance for the food that grows there." 

"And your worried I don't." Logan's eyes narrowed as Virgil frowned in understanding. The berries were from fairyland. Virgil learned about that. Human's shouldn't eat any food from fairies. No one can really tell what happens to them as it varies with each situation. But as a general rule it was a very bad idea. Virgil however being that he was a changeling was in fact immune to it. Since he's a fairy the effects do nothing to him. Obviously that was something Roman didn't know.

"You never should have brought them..." Roman muttered under his breath making Patton flinch. Virgil knew it was just because he was panicking. Roman tends to get aggressive when his anxiety and emotions take over. He was upset and worried over Virgil and was taking it out on Patton. Virgil sighed as he took a few more berries shooting Logan a look to keep his mouth quiet as Virgil could see the man working through things. "You never should have brought them. If he..."

"Romulus, look at me." Roman tensed as he quickly glanced up to meet Virgil gaze. Virgil handed him a berry as he smiled and ate another seeing the panic fill the man's eyes. "I'm fine."

"But... that doesn't... That makes no sense. That..." Virgil nudged the man's hand and Roman sighed as he nodded and ate the berry frowning a bit at the taste. "Oh." Virgil held back the sigh of relief as Roman smiled up at him. Thank god Glinda's been teaching him how to work his glamour right. Virgil spelled the berry to taste like a normal one so that Roman could calm down. "Nevermind... It's... it's not what I thought it was."

"What?" Patton frowned as he ate a berry himself and shot them a very confused look. Virgil only sat there in silence as Roman laughed.

"I'm sorry. I panicked for no reason." Virgil shook his head as he started on his own food seeing how happy Roman was that he was properly eating.

"It's ok, Poppy. I know you just care about me. We're friends."

"We are." Roman reached out gently taking  Virgil's hand as Logan glared at the smaller in silence. "Now eat up so we can go to class. Ok?" Virgil nodded happily eating away as Roman just watched with a fond expression.

"Shit. Shit. Shit." Virgil rushed through the trail as he clutched his bag tightly to his chest. He had to go back to the cabin to grab it and sent Roman on ahead. He didn't think it would have taken him that long to grab it. He was sure Roman was going to panic about him after everything with his sugar. He didn't mean for it to take so long. He couldn't find it. "Roman's going to be so..." Virgil found himself on his ass wincing at the pain from the fall. That was going to leave a nasty bruise. Than again what doesn't with him? His eyes darted up feeling that sinking feeling that ment someone was staring and he cringed. A kid stood there with this glare in his eyes and his arms crossed.

"Virgil... right?" Virgil frowned as he nodded and carefully pushed himself up.

"Yes. What do you want?" The kid laughed as he shook his head.

"I want you to leave Roman alone." Virgil's eyes widdened as the kid leered at him. "He's practically royalty here at camp. I don't know what you did to wrap him around your finger but take my warning... back off."

"I'm sorry." Virgil clenched his fist as he tried to hold his anger down. "I don't think you realize what your doing. I think I'm going to go."

"Now you just hold on." Virgil chocked back the whimper as the kid grabbed his arm harshly. Damn his stupid frailness... Roman really was going to get pissed at him. "You must not have heard me. I'm giving you a warning. There are plenty of people here who revere the twins as royalty. I'm just giving you an out before one of them decides to take matters into there own hands." Virgil's eyes narrowed in challenge as the kid just laughed. "I wouldn't want you getting hurt."

"You know... If you were as good at lying and intimidation as you are at losing in combat... maybe I'd actually listen." The kid flared as he shoved Virgil back into a tree making Virgil groan at the impact. Just another bruise to add to his collection. Virgil tensed as the kind crouched in front of him with a sick look in his eyes. "Fuck off." He knew the kid. Sure he didn't know his name. Darrek... Darren... Jason... Hell if he knew. But he knew he saw him in self-defense, He was constantly glaring at him as Roman helped him with the lessons.

"Leave Roman alone... before you end up hurt. This is your final warning." Virgil just laughed as the man sighed. "So be it." He harshly shoved Virgil back by the shoulder again as he got up. "I'll see you in class then... Virgil."

"Not today you wont." Virgil cut back as he forced himself up. With everything that asshole just did... He was not going to make it to class. Virgil sighed as he just turned right back around and went back to the cabin. It was better to rest and heal than deal with all that. He'd just have to deal with Roman after.