12

"You are so sweet obsessed." Roman teased as Virgil giddily eat some of the icecream that Mina had snuck him seconds of. "How can you even still be hungry?"

"I'm always hungry." Virgil smiled before glancing up and offering the taller some. Roman's eyes widened a bit as he quickly shook his head making Virgil shrug with a laugh. "I can promise you, it doesn't matter how much I've already had. Put something in front of me and I'll eat it."

"Sound's like a changeling." Roman teased more only to pause as Virgil chocked. "Virgil? What's wrong?"

"N-nothing you just... you uh... took me by surprise there." Roman rolled his eyes as he just laughed. 

"Well, be careful there, Virgil. I wasn't saying you WERE one." Virgil's eyes darkened as the two slowly made their way back to the cabin... well, home. "I just know quite a bit about fae." Virgil glanced over to see the smile Roman had as they walked. "And a changeling is known to have a voracious appetite."

"They do?"

"Yeah. It's one of the signs people try to use to tell if someone was a changeling, I think. They're always hungry. Never satisfied with anything..." Virgil frowned as his hand went to his stomach, a sad look in his eyes. Roman's eyes narrowed as he glanced down to see the dark look Virgil had. Something twinged in him as he pulled him closer. Virgil leaned into him as he smiled softly just letting the other hold him. "Are you ok, Virgil?"

"I'm fine. Just... realizing how accurate that statement is." Virgil laughed sadly as he shrugged. "Then again I always just thought it was because my father refused to give me more than what any other child would eat." Roman faltered as he came to a stop making Virgil look up at him. "What?"

"What do you mean your father refused to... Virgil?" Virgil's eyes darkened as he quickly pulled out of Roman's arms and shook his head. "Roman..."

"Don't." Virgil snapped as he glared the other down. "It's not like it matters anyway."

"Of course it matters. Virgil..." Roman whined only making Virgil's look deepen. "Please? What did you mean?"

"Roman, no." Roman crashed as Virgil spun around and started walking away. "And that's final."

"As you wish." Roman muttered softly under his breath before following behind. As the two made it back to the cabin they froze up seeing several men and women leaving it all covering in only a towel. Virgil frowned in confusion as Roman groaned. The people all froze upon the sight of them making Roman shake his head. "Where are your clothes?"

"Uh... well..." Roman just waved them on letting them all run off and scramble back to their cabins. It wasn't the first time he's walked home to find something like this... not exact as they all still had their clothes but... something similar.

"What was that all about?" Virgil whispered as they walked in making Roman smirk with a roll of his eyes. 

"Remus."

"Yes?" Remus jumped up behind them making Virgil jump, which of course made Remus flinch knowing full well the glare Roman gave him the second he scared the younger. "Sorry."

"Can you for once stop scaring him?" Roman growled making Remus's face pale a bit.

"I-I'm fine Roman." Virgil chocked out as he let out a breath calming himself down. "I was just startled."

"I uh... got the material." Roman's eyes widened noticing the cards in his brothers hands finally understanding what had happened. "Had a bit of fun too."

"You played strip poker and stole their clothes?" Virgil faltered as Roman actualy laughed. "Of course you did. Just have them washed before you send it to Patton. He already agreed."

"Wait. Wait. Wait..." Virgil shook his head as he waved his hands showing just how shocked he was. "We ae not stealing peoples clothes just to make me an outfit or something."

"You are getting that outfit..."

"Roman, you listen here." The twins jumped seeing the glare Virgil had. Roman gulp feeling his anxiety bubble up which of course confused him as he's never actually been properly scared by someone before. Even Remus was a bit surprised. Though that was mainly because even the humans regarded them as higher class and thus treated them overly sweetly. "You are not stealing peoples clothes to make me something. It's not going to happen."

"It's kinda to late there, Stormcloud." Remus cut in making Virgil deflate. "I already did. Besides they knew what they were getting into. Playing games with me you best be prepared to lose something."

"Remus..."

"It's not stealing if it was an agreed upon rule of the game." Remus snickered making Virgil sigh. He really was not going to win this. "I'll send the clothes to Patton."

"Thank you, Remus." Remus smirked as he bounded back to his room no doubt for his spoils. Roman took in the stance Virgil had before sighing and pulling the smaller in against his chest. "Are you really that angry?"

"Roman, your brother stole from people to help you help me... You can't expect me to be ok with this... can you?" Roman's eyes set making Virgil realize just how serious Roman was about this. "What is with you? Why are you so adament about helping me? We don't even know each other. For you to go so far for me..."

"I can't help it." Virgil froze as Roman tensed up bad. "I can't... I don't know, Virgil. I don't have an answer for you. I just... can't help it."

"Roman..."

"Virgil, I can't help it." Virgil simply nodded as Roman held him tighter resting his chin agaisnt Virgil's shoulder. "I don't understand it either. I told you. I'm not typically like this. But with you... If I'm not then... I just feel... wrong? I don't know. It's hard. I know you need things. So I feel as though I have to get you them. If I don't something could happen... I can't let anything happen."

"It's ok, Roman." Virgil smiled softly as he gently pulled away making the older crash, wanting to hold him more. Virgil yawned a bit as he shook himself to stay awake. He wanted to stay up to see the stars but the day had been really exhausting. "Just please, don't steal from others just to 'help' me. Please? I don't want that."

"I..." Roman just nodded making Virgil smiled and in turn made Roman feel a bit better. "I'll try to pull back a bit. I promise." Roman smiled softly as he hugged himself a bit. "I'm gonna go to bed, ok Virgil? I'll see you tomorrow."

"Goodnight Roman. Sweet dreams."