25 | one - two - three

•─────────•°•❀•°•─────────•

     "That little shit", Samira hissed, staring down at Viktor Krum with full loathed hate. She shoved her foot underneath his torso and gave him a kick, so he turned around onto his back, eyes closed, as if he was peacefully slumbering and hadn't just tortured Samira with an unforgivable curse. Still she was shaking from head to toe.

     "I ... I think he might got cursed himself", Harry said, glancing at the Durmstrang champion. "His eyes ..."

     "Thank you, Harry", Samira finally said, as her heart rate decreased to a less life threatening level. "Hexed or not, he wasn't about to stop. If you haven't come to save me, I don't know how far he would have gone ..."

     "Torturing you into madness", Harry muttered, and Samira looked at him questioning. "I've heard about something like this before. The pain can damage you to a point of no return." His voice died and Samira swallowed thickly, well aware that she owed Harry Potter her life.

     "So how's it going?", she then asked to change the subject, turning her back on Harry.

     "Fine so far", Harry said, shrugging. "Just came across one of Hagrid's Blast-Ended Skrewts. Nothing I want to repeat, though. And a Boggart. "

      "Are you kidding?", Samira asked. "I run into monsters and curses frequently, it's like someone has hexed this maze to attack me."

     Harry threw a last glint at Krum. "We should send red sparks, don't you think? Half of those creatures in here would eat him alive."

     "It's not like he wouldn't deserve it", she muttered, nevertheless pointing her wand towards the sky and a ray of red embers kept hanging above their heads. "C'mon, let's end this. I guess it's only the two of us left. The scream from before ... I think Krum might could have attacked Fleur."

     The walked further on until meeting the end of the aisle, where one path turned left, the other one right. "Well then, good luck, Harry", she said with an encouraging smile, squeezing his shoulder. "Don't get yourself into trouble."

     Samira took the left way, and Harry turned right. Her wand held in her outstretched arm in front of her, she waited for another impact with whatever, hoping Hagrid's Skrewts would spare her, but to her big surprise, nothing waited behind the corners she rounded one by one. Not until —

     "The cup!", she gasped in a breath, having spotted the shiny golden trophy sitting on a pedestal in front of her, only about a hundred yards away from her, and her heart started racing before her feet did the same.

     That's it! She would win this tournament!

     But out of the corners of her eyes, another movement appeared and Harry suddenly was next to her, running like it was for his life. Head on head they rushed along the hedges, when something tall came creeping out of an isle to their right. Samira ducked down, falling to the floor, but could manage to roll herself over, so she landed on her feet right behind a monster she had only met right after she had entered the maze.

     The accrumantula was back, and Harry hadn't as much luck as Samira. The gigantic spider had caught him with her fangs, lifting the young boy eight feet up, and though Harry was hailing spells at the beast, it wouldn't let go of him, not even twitched.

     With a last longing glance at the cup, Samira turned around and rushed back to the young Gryffindor, who was fighting for his dear life.

     "The belly, Harry, you have to go for the belly!", she yelled up at him. "Together on three, come on! One — two — three —"

     "Stupefy!"

     Two red flashes hit the spider and in retrospect it hadn't been one of Samira's best ideas. The spiders legs buckled in, and Harry fell all the way down to the floor, landing on his already bleeding leg, while the accrumantula threatened to burry the young boy under its weight. Samira jumped forward, grabbing Harry under his armpits and pulled him out of the danger zone in very last second.

     "Thank you", Harry gasped, adjusting his glasses, as the spider crushed onto the lawn underneath it and remained still. "That was close."

     "As I told you once, you scratch my back, I scratch yours", Samira replied, panting. "C'mon, get up, I'll help you." Pulling Harry to his feet, she quickly noticed that his leg was badly injured. Blood cascaded through a cut in his trousers and he could barely stand with Samira's help, not talking about having to walk alone.

     Samira was about to win and Harry knew about it.

     "Go and get it, so it's finally over", Harry said, his teeth gritted in pain.

     She looked at the trophy, it's golden glimmer calling for her ...

     "No." It was out before she had fully wrapped her thoughts around it. "It is yours. I wouldn't even have come this far if you haven't saved me from Krum."

     "And I wouldn't have come this far without you saving me from the spider", Harry angrily replied. "We're square."

     "We are not. If you haven't told me about the dragons —"

     "You have told me about the golden egg", he cut her off. "Still square. See, we could race for it and I would lose. I have no chance against you, so just take that stupid thing and let's get out of here."

     Samira bit down on her bottom lip. He was right. He didn't stand a chance if they had another challenge against each other. She could have listened to Harry and just taken the cup, win the game, and walk out of this maze as a victor. But she didn't want to be a winner by a knockout.

     "Together?", she asked, tearing her eyes from the cup and looking into Harry's pale face.

      "What?"

      "We will take it together", she said. "It's a victory for Hogwarts and we just divide the gold." At least five hundred galleons were more than enough for Fred and George to built up their joke shop.

     "Are you kidding?", Harry asked, looking at her in disbelief.

     "Not at all. C'mon." She helped him reach the pedestal, still his knee was awfully wobbly and he hissed in pain. "Three again?", she asked and Harry weakly nodded, lifting his hand. "One — two — three!"

•─────────•°•❀•°•─────────•

please consider to vote / comment on the story to support its success

please consider to vote / comment on the story to support its success. <3