Chapter 6

Chapter 6: Imprisonment

The teens lost track of how long they were inside. They were given grey jumpsuits just like the children. Val regained consciousness, but still he wore the suppressor helmet. He still suffered from intense headaches, but with the helmet and collar, they weren't as bad as when he was first examined. Also, no one else would suffer from them. Shortly after Alex woke up, they were forced to change into the jumpsuits in front of the guards, for "security purposes". The twins paid extra attention to Abby and Miko, who were disgusted by the very thought. Abby voiced her disgust.

"What are you staring at, perverts?!"

"Oh, just making sure everything's nice and safe." Said one twin.

"So far, very nice." Said the other, with a smirk on his face.

Abby went right up to the glass and looked them square in the eye.

"When I get outta here, I will make you regret this!"

The twins laughed at this, them said in sequence,

"That's what the women in the Marine Corps said."

"But we didn't, even when we were forcibly discharged."

Miko asked in horror, "What did you do to them?"

"Let's just say, the ladies couldn't resist us."

"Even when they did."

Laughing, they both went out of the cell block, with the teens having either shocked or disgusted looks. With Abby, it was a mix of both, with hatred thrown into the mix. Later, after they had gotten settled, the teens tried to learn the kids' names.

"We don't have names. We have numbers."

Being in there for over two years, the children forgot their own names. They were designated as J-1 through 20. They told the teens how their teacher and the bus driver used to be with them, but about a month after their confinement, the two tried to escape. They had powers as well: Their teacher, she had enhanced strength, while the bus driver, he could produce sonic waves with his voice. But they didn't have full control of their powers, or knowledge of the base's structure, and were killed in the attempt. Their bodies were stored to see if the Science Section could learn anything more from them.

Twice every day, the two twins would come in and feed the prisoners simple meals of bread, mush, a thin piece of meat, and a paper cup of water. At first, they refused to eat, but days without food even being given to them broke them down. Miko still refused to eat the meat provided, instead flushing it down the toilet fitted in a hidden section of her cell. There was no clock, no way to tell time, which made the days more muddled. The teens tried talking with each other to pass the time, but soon they lost interest, and the children wouldn't even speak to them, just stare.

During his time in his cell, Alex kept pacing back and forth. He didn't understand why, but his confinement was affecting him more than the others. He hated being in a little room, with no space to run around. He wanted out but couldn't break out. The collar made it impossible for him to go into his savage state, but the uneasiness was still there. And all the while only one question went through his mind: Where is my dog? Val just laid down in his bunk, suffering in silence from the chronic headaches. They passed every so often, but not for long. Theo, to pass his time, hummed songs to himself. The others wondered how he could remember the full tune but didn't give it much more thought. Abby paced as well, but hers was more methodical. While she paced, she kept thinking what she could do to escape with her fellow inmates. She didn't know the layout of wherever they were, not even where they were. She would wait and bide her time. Miko, to calm herself, spent most of her time in meditation, remembering the mantras taught to her by her grandfather, the rest of the time practicing her kata.