Epilogue

Epilogue: Unhappy Birthday

A huge party was held in Hollywood, California, partly to celebrate the return of the children, but mainly for the 18th birthday of Jaqueline Jennings, the beautiful, blonde socialite daughter of Hollywood's hottest actress. Jaqueline herself wasn't partying like usual, however, as she barricaded herself in her room in her mother's summer mansion. She excused herself earlier, when it struck midnight, and felt a sting in her right hand. She said she had cramps as she made her way to her room. The pain grew worse and worse, until it was all she could do to not scream from the pain, like her whole arm was on fire. She stared in horror as her pale hand began turning pitch black, and suddenly, a tiny black flame came to life in the palm of her hand.

"Oh, dear God."

As soon as she said that, her body doubled over in pain. She thought she was going insane as she heard a deep, unholy sounding laughter echo in her room. At the end of the room, where she set up her vanity mirror, she saw a horrible sight; her previously pink face was now chalk white, with her eyes and the veins in her face turning black. Shortly after, the mirror itself filled with black smoke. Appearing in the smoke were two smoldering red eyes, and Jaqueline felt them stare right into her soul. In fear, she clutched the cross that she wore on a necklace with her normal hand, but flinched as it grew hot in her hand, and saw that it left a cross shaped scar in her palm. The laughter began again.

"You no longer belong to this world, to Him." A deep, unholy, but strangely familiar voice said to her. "Your soul is mine, as this realm will soon be, with your aid. Happy Birthday, my beautiful daughter."