Uncontrollable Laughter

(Y/N) POV - 2547 words

Killua and I have hung out in relative silence for the past three days. He's spent a lot of time up at the rim of the tower, staring out across the island. Today's our last day, so I walk up the short steps to join him. We've made the area our own little home, more or less. I found seaweed washed up in the tidepool cave, where I've spent most of my time, and spent a while trying to figure out how to weave it into baskets. 

After about two hours, I got them to stick together. It's a good thing I've learned patience since the seaweed kept getting brittle and crumbling in my fingers. Eventually I realized I could weave it under the water—gently, mind you—and then let it dry. I then brought a couple baskets back to the tower, filling them with apples and setting them in the shade. 

I'm sitting on the edge of the freshwater pool, letting my feet drag lazily in the water, my shoes on the bank beside me. Korako's sitting in the water itself, cooling off. Killua jumps down from the top of the caldera, landing lightly beside me. 

"Hey," he begins, "do you want to go swimming?"

I raise an eyebrow at him, "Sure? Ocean or here?"

"Here's fine."

I get up, unstrapping the twin swords on my back. Then taking my jacket and dress off, standing in just my leggings and tank top. I carefully remove the poison choker, making sure I don't break any of the beads. The two hidden daggers strapped to my wrists stay on, they're protected enough I don't have to worry about rust. Besides, it's good to have at least one weapon, especially when you're at a disadvantage in the water.

My jacket drops to the ground with a loud thunk, my dress laying nicely folded on top. Killua stares at them for a moment, "What do you have in there?"

I smile, "Like 20 or so throwing knives."

His mouth drops open, "How do you fit all of them in there?"

"Special fabric. I take a lot of time to make sure my weapons don't show, this is an extra precaution," I reply. He chuckles and shakes his head.

"I don't know what I was expecting," he says. What's that supposed to mean?

He doesn't say anything else and jumps in the water, splashing me. I jump in after him, doing a frontflip. Landing almost on top of him, he gets out of the way just in time. We both dive under the water and stare at each other, making silly faces, trying to get the other to laugh.

We can both hold our breath for a long time, but I finally lose when he makes a cat face. I nearly drown from laughing so hard. It wouldn't be so funny normally, but it's distorted by the water, so he looks like a really pudgy cat. It's adorable.

I break the surface of the water, still laughing. Korako, who's worried about me, swims over and nudges me with his head. He's like a crocodile, you can't see most of his body, just the very top of his head. It makes me laugh even harder, thinking of my big puppy as a mean crocodile. 

I can't seem to stop laughing, even trying my hardest. 

"(Y/N)? Are you okay?" Killua asks me. 

"Ye– Yeah," I say in the midst of laughing, "Is there– something– in– in– the water?"

He cocks his head at me, confused. I can't stop laughing, what's going on. There are tears in my eyes and I can barely breathe.

"(Y/N)! Stop laughing, you're going to drown or suffocate or something," he pauses, trying to think of something to help, "Remember your training, I'm sure you've been trained against this, of all things."