Nen and Practice

(Y/N) POV - 4420 words

It's nighttime when the four of us walk to Wing's house—it's about ten minutes away from Heaven's arena, very convenient. Killua was hurt that I knew what Nen was, but the problem was quickly resolved. I'm glad to have someone so understanding. 

We're led into a room with nothing but a whiteboard, a coffee table, some chairs and a dresser. There's very little in here which could hurt the boys while they're learning Nen. The only problem I have is how I'm going to fit into their little scheme. I already know Nen and have been practicing nearly my whole life. Korako, on the other hand, needs this. The article I read said he could learn how to use Nen, if I believed he could. At this point, I don't think there's anything he can't do. 

Such a strong, capable boy, I think to myself like an old mother hen. We do still need to practice our telepathy and such, though, and I'm not sure where it would fit in. Coming up with plans quickly is something I've been trained to do, however, so it doesn't take too long for an idea to form in my mind.

"Sir," I begin politely, "I have previous experience with your teaching material and also have my own things to work on. Is it alright if I propose an idea to you?"

He nods, "Go ahead."

"Korako and I can communicate without words, I'd like to see the extent of that ability and train it if I can. He also needs to learn Nen with the others. Would it be alright for me to broadcast you lesson over a distance?"

"Yes," he thinks for a moment, "I believe that could work."

"Now, do I have your attention?" Wing asks as we all stand in a line in front of the whiteboard. Korako leaves through the open window, leaping across rooftops. 

Stop when you can't hear me any longer. Use emotions more than words, if you have to.

I feel his affirmation. I focus on what I'm seeing, hearing, and smelling. The information gathers in my mind as it happens, and I envision a tunnel connecting Korako and I, almost like our minds are holding hands. The barrier, which I now always have up, remains in place as I open a small window just large enough to send the information through. I don't want anything else to come in unbidden. 

I highly doubt someone else would be able to figure out our wavelength of thought, but I'd rather not risk it. Right now, there isn't much information to send since Wing is only speaking about Nen, and Korako is still within a comfortable distance. I feel his presence begin to strain, though.

"Nen means to burn your soul. In other words," Wing begins his lecture, "it tests the strength of your will."

He writes a character on the board, 'Nen.'

"And the four major principles are part of a training curriculum for strengthening your will."

Korako reaches the farthest broadcasting distance, standing on a roof just a few yards outside of it. My mind stretches to reach his. I send an image of the character 'Ten'  as Wing writes it on the board. 

"Ten means to focus your soul to a single point, to increase awareness of your ego and goals. Zetsu means to express yourself in words. Ren means to temper that will. And Hatsu means to act upon that will."

Wing points to each of the characters he's written in turn. I transcribe the picture to Korako, who's still just a couple feet out of comfort.

四大行 (Four Major Principles)
(Nen)

(Ten)
 (Zetsu)
 (Ren)
(Hatsu)

"Killua-kun, Zushi tempered his 'refusal to lose,' during his fight with you," Wing explains. I temporarily forget that I'm supposed to be broadcasting as I focus on Killua's face. His eyes sharpen, he's clearly remembering what had happened the other day.