Chapter 5

" you guys know each other?" Negan pointed from Rick to me back to Rick again.
We awkwardly just stood there like lamps until Negan spoke once again.

" Well I'll leave you guys to it while my people will take what's ours." He smirked walking around Rick.

Thing is what made this awkward was that Rick was my ex. We didn't have an apocalypse then, it was all normal. We broke up because of the distancing from our jobs that took too much time from both of us that we didn't get time for ourselves. We thought it was right back then to do that. Right now? I still think there isn't hope left as this is the first time I've seen him in years.

" I can't believe you're alive." I smiled slowly reaching for a handshake.
" Let me take you somewhere so we can be alone." He nodded walking towards this house.

We were at this type of little pond at the back of one house. Trust me it looks so beautiful. We both sat on the bench and stayed silent like sitting ducks. I would only talk after him since I'm so awkward like that.
" Your part of Negans group?" He wondered picking up a flower from the grass playing with it.

I nodded and sighed at the same time. This place looked so much better then mine. People are so nice and sweet and there are kids playing around.
" This place looks so like reality." I smiled looking at Rick.
He nodded and started picking off the petals of the flower.

" You don't seem as mean as Negans other people.." he muttered throwing the flower on the ground and getting a new one.
" Well... I'm not exactly part of the rich ones." I sighed rolling my eyes.
He looked at me with concern but I gave no emotion back.

I did miss Rick. I just never really thought about him. But guilt came by when I heard him say, " I've been thinking about you a lot actually, hoping you were alive." He smirked changing the subject.
I nodded whilst shyly smiling at the grass.
I looked over to Negans men who were taking boxes over and over.
" So you're okay with Negan taking your stuff?" I turned back to him who looked clueless.

" I guess we all have no choice. Michonne wants things differently here but Negan has so much power that he could kill one of us each time we don't give him what he wants." He sighed.
I felt so much guilt for him and his group. The fact that his ex works with Negan makes me feel physically sick. I new I had to do something. Maybe not today but I will make a change with Negan. With all my ideas in my head, I noticed he mentioned a girl.
" Who's Michonne?"

He awkwardly looked into my eyes and back onto the flower.
" She's my friend.. a close friend." He muttered barely hearing him clearly.
I new by his way of speaking that we still felt weird talking to each other, however, I haven't got feelings for him anymore but it looks like he's bringing them back up again.
" I know you still think I can be in your life but you've been okay without me and Michonne sounds like a lovely lady." I smiled looking at Rick who looked like a lost puppy.

He sat up straight throwing the flower to the grass and looked at me in the eyes.
" My love for you will always be in my heart Luna." He admitted nodding slightly.
I didn't know what to say to that so I smiled and stood up walking towards the road. Only to be stopped again by Rick.
" Wait." He says standing up.

I turned to him one last time saying, " I need to go" then I left without saying anything else.

I saw Negan talking to this lady with black straight hair in a ponytail with some brown glasses. She looked scared for her life. As usual Negan was holding his bat on his shoulder.
I finally caught up to them and saw Negan laughing.
" What's going on?" I asked looking at both of them.
" This lady is one scaredy pants!" He laughed looking at me.

I looked at her who was shaking so much. I felt guilty for her. I looked at Negan and pushed him a little.
" Why don't you just leave her alone." I growled looking at the lady with comfort.
He looked at me with no funny emotions. He looked at me serious for a moment until the lady broke the silences
" I- I'm gunna go inside.. thank yo- you." She stuttered looking at me smiling.

As she went inside, Negan grabbed my jacket and dragged me in between two houses where no one was there.
" What are you doing?" I freaked as he finally let go.
" Why are you sticking up for her." He pointed at me.

I had many reasons why he had to stop.
" Maybe because that lady was scared for her life! You don't treat people like that!" I regretted shouting at him instantly as he took a step forward. I started shaking a little but not a lot like that lady before. Negan glared at me with 100% seriousness on his face.
" Don't you tell me what to do!" He growled pushing me on the houses wall.

He places one of his hands on the wall stopping me from running away. His other hand on my neck but not tight enough where I couldn't breathe.
I was scared still, I new what he was capable of doing to people. He heavily breathed all over me giving me a hint that he was actually pissed off at me. He examined my face looking up to my hair and down to my chin. My eyes widened in fear as my breathing gotten faster.
" Never ever... tell me what to do.." he whispered in a deep voice.

I quickly nodded as he moved his hand from my neck to my cheek. He rubbed it over and over so gently that he was amused looking at me. His face changed from angry to relaxed as he gazes at my face. I started breathing properly again but I was still nervous.
" God damn you drive me mad.." he mumbled just before our moment broke.

"What the hell are you doing?" Rick shouted running closer to us.

As soon as Rick spoke, Negan pushed himself off me and changed his tone back to his funny stupid act.
" Yo Rick! Just the man I wanted to see." He smirked picking up his bat from the ground.
Rick looked at me as if to ask if I was okay yet I just put a fake awkward smile on and stood away from the wall.
" Luna.." Rick took a step in.
" I'm okay! I'm okay. He never done anything." I shrugged walking around Negan to walk away from that dramatic scene.

Rick turned back to Negan and snarled him.
" What was going on here?" He asked.
" None of your business!" He smirked walking away following my tracks.

Now I wished I'd listened to Noah. This place is better without Negan sticking his nose into it.
As we all finally finished taking off this place, all of our group gone back into the cars and trucks leaving just me, Negan and Dwight standing in front of Rick.

" Thank you Rick for this stuff!" He said sarcastically.
Me and Dwight looked at each other at the same time and sighed miserably.
Negan took a step closer to Rick and whispered in his ear.
" Don't ever try to take or even talk to Luna. She's mine." He smiled walking back to the truck so we followed him.

As Negan banged the truck twice giving a hint for the driver to go, I took one last miserable look at Rick before the gates shut in front of my eyes.

Negan wasn't talking to me at all. All he gave me was some guilty looks and that was it. Maybe he felt guilty for what he done back there, But I didn't care. I looked away and counted how many trees we bypassed in my head.

I absolutely hate this place.