AWKWARD

KWEEN'S POV

"You know Dave Johnson?" I asked not knowing what to expect.

"Everyone knows Dave Johnson. He's like the richest student on campus. That guy's account isn't born again,it has never fasted a day in it's existence." He said laughing.

I didn't know Dave was that rich.I always saw him from afar and he didn't stand out much. So what if he's rich? What does it have to do with my feelings for him. Fred always like to complicate issues. I genuinely love him and that's all that matters.

"Your point is?"

"Dave Johnson is bad news for you." He said as a matter of fact. "Do you have any idea how many girls throw themselves at him just because of his money? And do you know how many times he's made a public shame out of them?"

Fred's voice held more concern that rebuke. I was beginning to see his points but no, I won't give in. I'm different from those girls. I genuinely love him and if he doesn't see that,then it's his loss.

"I'm different from those girls and you know it Fred." He came closer to me and cupped my face in his arms then stared into my eyes. His gaze held so much emotion and it breaks my heart knowing I can't look at him in the same manner.

"I care alot about you Kweeny and I wouldn't want anything or anyone to hurt you. Dave's world is a big one to deal with even for your stubborn ass." He said chuckling. "What if he thinks you are just like the other girls?"

"I guess I will just prove to him that I am not. I just have one date to do that, so please help me out." I pleaded with a puppy face.

Fred threw both hands up as a sign of surrender and smiled at me. I knew he couldn't resist my puppy face. I felt a drop of water on my face and when I looked up I saw the thick dark clouds forming. It's going to rain heavily this evening. Fred's place is far from our present location and mine was closer.

"So how can I be of ...."

"Come." I said cutting him off while grabbing his hand."let's go to my place unless you want to be soaked".

We got to my apartment  seconds before the rain started. The down pour was heavy and people were running to take shelter while others brought out their containers to collect water. I checked under the footmat by my door step for my keys but it wasn't there.

"Is something wrong?" Fred asked.

"I can't find my keys" I said confused. Fred held the door knob and tried to open it and to our surprise,it opened.

"I could have sworn I locked it this morning before leaving."I said wondering if I actually locked it.

Fred raised a finger and rested it on his lips signalling me to keep quiet. He then picked up the mopping stick at the corridor and asked me to wait outside while he tiptoed inside to check for any intruder.

After waiting for about five minutes I started hearing noises, more like curses coming from my room. The voice sounded so familiar. Is that Tracey? I ran inside without wasting any more time.

"You pervert! What are you doing in my room." Tracey said throwing things at Fred. Oh poor Fred. "You picked the wrong apartment for your perverse act".

"Stop it okay!" Fred cried out. "I'm not a pervert and who walks around in their underwear in someone eles's apartment? "

I rushed in to see the scene unfold. Freddy took cover for his dear life behind my locker while Tracey who was only in her underwear was throwing things at Fred. My room was a mess. Tracey is my friend who barely hangs out with me but she drops by sometimes for sleepovers.