WORRY

Kween's POV

"Somebody please help! Somebody please." I screamed as I held his motionless body. I couldn't stop myself from crying, I didn't know what else to do. I continued screaming, hoping someone would hear me.

I saw a few people running in my direction, and I was glad, but I couldn't get up as I held him tightly. I tried waking him up again but all to no avail. Was he dead? I asked myself,mentally. The thought alone brought forth another stream of tears.

"What's wrong with him, young lady?" One of the men that came to our rescue asked. I looked at him and saw concern written all over his face. Maybe he was one of the workers around here.

"I..I..don't know,he..he..he just collapsed." I managed to say in between sniffling sounds. The other men helped carry Dave as we made our way to the emergency unit. I never knew resorts had emergency units.

"Notify the emergency unit to get the ambulance ready,we have a patient." The man with the concerned look earlier said over the phone. I hurried behind, still flustered and confused about everything. He was very much alive few minutes ago. Did I do this to him? But how?

"Young lady, do you want us to contact anyone, maybe your parents or his? Or maybe a specific hospital we should head to?" A man dressed in a security uniform asked, bringing me back to earth.

I honestly had no idea who to call. I didn't even know any of his friends,let alone his parents. What am I going to do? God, please don't let any thing happen to him,I pleaded mentally.

"Just take us to the nearest available hospital please." I mumbled, unsure of what to do.

"No no." Dave groaned. He tried to mutter another word but he couldn't. He looked pale and out of breath. I rushed to his side and cupped his face so he could look at me. I observed every line on his face, every little movements, every sharp intake of breath.

"Are you okay? How do you feel? You made me extremely worried," I said fighting the tears from coming. I held his hand tightly not wanting to let go. I was scared he might go unconscious again.I wanted him to talk to me.

"Take me to the teaching hospital and ask for Dr.Adesua," he whispered. The man in the uniform and another lady putting on a similar outfit, but with a different badge, wheeled Dave into the ambulance. I hopped in without letting go of his hand.

"Please take us to the university teaching hospital," I pleaded, knowing they might decline. The teaching hospital is at ikeja which is quite far from our current location. I really don't know why he wants to go all the way there but I am ready to take him there with or without their help.

"Why go that far?" The driver asked."we should take him to the nearest hospital first before we..."

"He has someone there who can manage his condition well." I lied hoping he would buy it. He agreed and started driving off. I let out a deep breath I didn't even know I was holding. I watched as the lady in uniform, whom I now presume to be working with the EMS unit, tried to set an I.V line for Dave. He flinched as the needle made contact with his skin and I was glad he was still conscious.

The drive to the clinic was long and quiet. Despite the siren from the ambulance, the traffic was still much. I wondered what would have happened if Dave's condition was any worse than this.

We got to the emergency unit parking lot and, on sight, I could see two nurses running a gurney out in our direction. I guessed their response team here is good. With help from the EMS lady and the nurses, we wheeled Dave into the hospital.

"Take him to the private ward and notify the other team members to join me as soon as possible," A female doctor said scribbling something on her notepad. She looked a bit advanced in age but still gorgeous.Her gown stopped a little above her knee exposing her long legs.Her stance was intimidating, maybe it was because of the white coat she was putting on.

"Excuse me," I said, trying to get her attention."please, he insisted Dr.Adesua should attend to him. Please can I speak to Dr.Adesua?"

"I am Dr.Adesua and I am going to attend to him, so don't worry." She said smiling at me. How can she be so calm?

"Can I come with you to...."

"No you can't. Wait here and please call Mrs.Johnson," she said, scurrying off in the direction Dave was taken to. Did she just ask me to call Dave's mom? I don't even have her contact and what does she expect me to say to her? "Hi ma, I went on a date with your precious son and he collapsed, can you come to the teaching hospital?" I rolled my eyes at the mere thought and took a seat beside a young lady who was too busy on her phone to notice my presence.

Vmmmmm, vmmmmm,vmmmm(phone vibrates)
I grabbed the phone from my back pocket and discovered it was Dave's phone. I checked the caller I.D and it says Julz. I stared at the phone not knowing what to do. I finally got my senses back and decided to answer the caller but, then, it stopped vibrating and turned into a missed call.

"Nice one Kween." I mumbled. I debated calling back but the phone started vibrating again but this time the caller I.D says Mom with two heart emoji. I quickly cleared my throat before answering the phone.

"Good evening ma." I said sounding nervous. There was a little silence,almost as if I was speaking to myself.

"Who is this? And what are you doing with my son's phone?"
Her voice sounded calm but with a hint of sternness to it. I swallowed hard.

"My name is Kween and I'm Dave's friend. We are at the hospital right now. Dave collapsed." I started crying as I said the last part.

"Jesus! Jesus!" She screamed over the phone.I couldn't make out the words she was saying next because she was already a crying mess.

"Ma,please come to the teaching hospital, Dr Adesua is..."

"Okay I am coming," She said ending the call. I felt bad for her, her voice changed from a calm one to a worried one within seconds. God, please, let him be okay, I prayed silently, as I stared up at the ceiling. My feets were trembling.

I looked in the direction Dave was taken to and saw a nurse rush out of the room. She seemed quite tensed and in a hurry to get something. She grabbed a box from the counter opposite where I was sitting and ran back in the direction she came in. I couldn't take it any more.I stood up and walked towards the door, but I stopped in my tracks as I saw Dr.Adesua walk out the door. Her face was expressionless.

"How is he?" I asked almost immediately.

Thank you all for reading..please don't forget to vote and comment.💜💜