WAKE UP

DAVE'S POV

"I have been looking everywhere for you," Sophie said, sitting beside me, on the pavement separating the lawns. I squeezed a smile and she gave me an encouraging one in return, obviously suspecting something was up.

"What's eating you up, Dave?" She asked, concern written all over her face.

"I thought you could read my mind?" I said, raising a brow.

"Well, your emotions tend to synchronize well with your verbal expressions, which..."

"I get your point," I said, chuckling. "Don't go all professor on me." She smiled brightly and grabbed my hands. We stared at each other for what felt like eternity but only lasted seconds.

"Talk to me."

"I think I remembered something from that night," I said, not too sure how important this piece of information may be.

"It's a good thing, yeah? So what did you remember?"

"I remembered not going into the room with Julia, she came in much later and with someone," I said, pressing my temple, as if it would make me remember more. "I couldn't make out what they were saying, but I was sure she wasn't drunk like I thought. Something isn't right Sophie, and I swear to God, if she's lying to me, I will kill her myself."

"Why don't you confront her with this piece of information?" She asked, in a soothing voice, trying to calm me down. "You shouldn't threaten her without knowing the facts, besides she's carrying your baby boy."

"Baby girl," I corrected almost immediately with a smile across my face. I just liked the idea of a daddy's girl.

"Why do you prefer a girl so much?" She asked chuckling at my quick response.

"Well, boys don't know how to spend money, I believe girls do and I happen to have alot of it." She rolled her eyes at my comment and jabbed me a little at my side.

"I'm just joking, I just like the idea of a daddy's girl," I said, in my defence. She stopped laughing and then gave me the what-I'm-about-to say-is serious  look.

"But you do need to confront her okay. Also tell Kween about your situation and Julia's."

"I will confront her, just that, I'm not sure if I'm ready for that. There are alot of what ifs on my mind right now and it's making me depressed," I said, not sparing her a glance. "I feel comfortable and happy when I'm around Kween but that's all about it, I don't think I feel any certain way about her. So I definitely can't let her in on my situation."

She threw both her hands up, gesturing a surrender as she stood up to leave. She's not the type that gave up so easily. I looked around the courtyard and noticed we were losing daylight so quickly. Time was fast spent.

"Dave," she called, as she made her way into the house. "You need to wake up, can't stay here forever." She's right, I can't stay here more than my stipulated time, if I did, it's effect would rub off on me during the day.

"I know, I will go but are you mad at me? You didn't say anything and you also have that look," I pointed out, trying to squeeze my face to mimic her facial expression.

"Do you feel a certain way about me?" She asked, not breaking eye contact.

"You know I do," I said, unsure of what to say next. A bright smile appeared on her face and for a minute, I thought about Kween. She must have been really scared back then. A mumbling sound brought me back to earth, as I locked eyes with Sophie once again, only this time, I  met a scornful look.

"What?" I asked

"Just wake up," she said, shaking her head and walking away.

"Did she just read my thoughts?" I mumbled to myself.

*****

I woke up to the beeping sound of the monitor, the so familiar ethanol smell I have come to like (weird right?), and the humming sound of the heater. I guess the blower motor was faulty. I couldn't move out of bed because of the various lines attached to my body. I looked towards the sofa and saw Kween sleeping peacefully with her head leaning on my mom's shoulders. Wait, what did I miss? When did they become so close? I smiled at the view and fought the urge to wake them up. I kept staring at her and drifted off to sleep.

A muffled noise woke me up and as I stared at its direction, I saw Kween hugging some dude I don't know. I felt sick in the stomach.

"Why is she crying?" I asked, mentally. The guy handed Kween a bag and she smiled while going through it. I closed my eyes and pretended to be asleep, not to call attention. I tried to listen in on their conversation. I felt like I was spying on them and decided to stop since it was beneath me.

All effort aimed at evading their conversation went south with just that one sentence I heard from the guys mouth.

"We have to run, kween," he said. Is this some movie to him? You can't just run away with someone against their wish. Is she going to accept? Who is this guy to her?

A knocking sound at the door, placed a pause on my mental curiosity, and I wistfully hoped it was my mom or Dr. Adesua on the other side of the door. The click-clack sound of her heels and her perfume most definitely gave her out.

"Julia!" I exclaimed, mentally again. What is she doing here? How did she know to come here? I'm definitely not waking up to this drama.

"Who are you, please?" I heard Kween asked.

"I am Dave's fiancee, my name is Julia," she replied. Fiancee? Like I said, I'm not waking up to this drama.

So sorry for the long wait!! I hope you enjoyed this chapter.
Lucid dreams is now available at webnovel but unlike here, it will be in the paid stories category. I will try my best to keep up with the updates but I will most definitely update there before here😊😊.. thank you all for your love and support.