SECRET

KWEEN'S POV

It took every ounce of patience in me not to pull out her hair. Instead, I accepted her handshake with a fake smile spread across my face. Staring at her alone dropped my happiness level by 30% and it broke my heart that Dave might have lied to me.

"It's nice to meet you Julia, I'm Kween and this is Fred, my friend," I said, pointing at Fred, who was busy gawking at her. Where was his loyalty for crying out loud, she was the enemy.

" T'as d'beaux yeux, tu sais?" Fred said, smiling from ear to ear. I rolled my eyes at his attempt at flirting with his multilingual skills. She waved off Fred's remark, obviously not understanding what he said and moved closer to Dave on the bed. I caught a glimpse of her ring finger and it was empty. A bright smile, I didn't even know I had, appeared on my face.

"What's wrong with him?" She asked, caressing his cheeks. Did she just graduate from the university of 'HOW TO ANNOY PEOPLE? Why is she all over him? I took a deep breath, not wanting my emotions to get the better part of me.

"We were on a date," I said, stressing the date part. "And he fainted." Her face twitched a little, almost as if she was angry, but she flashed me a fake smile, to my surprise.

"Wait, just like that? Does he have a terminal illness or what?" Fred cuts in. We both glared at him for his outrageous opinion and he immediately raised his hands, signalling for peace. I guessed bitchy here and myself had something in common and it angered me.

"Maybe he's just stressed, you know, with the baby and all," she said, rubbing her stomach.

"What do you mean by...."

"Kwe...Kween," Dave cuts in, preventing me from asking my question. I sat beside him on his bed and held onto his hand. I could feel Julia staring daggers at me.

"Are you awake? Are you okay? Freddy, please call a nurse," I said, signalling Fred.

"No no, I...I'm fine," he said, stuttering. "Can you please give me and Julia a minute?"

I felt really sad by his request and also by the smirk I saw appearing on her face. The only thing stopping me from pulling out her hair right now wasn't my patience anymore, because it had reached its limits. It was the fact that, I was putting on a wig and I hadn't retouched my hair in a while, so if the bitch decided to pull back? I didn't want to think about it.

"Alright, I will be outside with my friend," I said, pointing at Fred, as I made my way to the door. Fred waved at him and he nodded his head in acknowledgment. Julia walked to his side and took my spot almost immediately I left it vacant.

We both walked out and shut the door behind us. I tried to push away what she said earlier about the baby from my thoughts, but it wasn't working.

"What did she mean by, stress and the baby?" I asked Fred, hoping he could give me an answer different from the one my gut feeling was presenting.

"Maybe she's pregnant," he blurted out. "She did say they were engaged."

"There was no ring on her finger," I snapped back, obviously irritated by his bluntness. He let out a deep breath and moved closer to me.

"Kweeny, can we not talk about Dave for a minute and focus on our situation?"

He was right, we needed to figure out what to do next but running away wasn't going to be an option, atleast not for me.

"So what should we do?" I asked, trying not to get distracted by the thoughts of what they might be saying in there.

"We have to leave the school premises for now, maybe..."

"No Fred, I'm not running away. Where am I going to stay?" I said, cutting him off.

"You do have a house, don't you? I never pegged you to be among those homeless people, living under the bridge," he said, chuckling. I jabbed him at his waist for pulling such a joke on me, and we both chuckled. I guessed he could still make me smile even when my mood was sour.

"You want me to go to my house?" I let out a small laughter. "My dad will literally think I'm into something deep and he will kill me."

"No, he won't. You are his daughter," he said, smiling.

"Freddy, you don't know what my dad's like. This one time, when I was twelve and just had my first cycle, I was scared, so I went to him and told him that I saw blood on my clothes and where it came from. You know what he told me?"

"What?" He said, obviously curious.

"He said, for both our sakes, I better keep seeing that blood every single month for the next fifteen years or there about," I said, chuckling at the thought of his facial expression while he said it. He didn't even say anything nice to me, I mean, it was my first time.

"My dad is really strict and he will literally throw me out for attempting to put a dent on the family's reputation. He's a stickler for excellence." I said, rolling my eyes.

"Keep rolling those eyes of yours and maybe you will find your brain in there," he said and we both started laughing.

"So where will you go?" He asked

The creaking sound of the door interrupted us and as I stared at its direction, I saw Julia storm out, right past us without as much as a glance in our direction. Was I an evil person for silently rejoicing over someone else's pain or sadness? Either way, I couldn't control how I felt. Good riddance.

"Freddy, please check up on him while I go call Dr. Adesua," I said, walking in the direction of her office. Fred smiled at me before stepping into the room. He should stop doing that, it made me uncomfortable sometimes.

I stood in front of her door and knocked twice, hoping to get a response. Her response came in time and I walked in smiling.

"Good morning Dr. Adesua," I greeted. She looked a little stressed, probably she was on the night shift, judging from the dark circles.

"Good morning Kween," she said, smiling up at me. "Is everything okay?"

"He's awake, I thought you should know. He seemed a little out of place but his words were coherent and he wanted to talk with someone, so I excused him."

"Are you close to him?" She asked, startling me with her sudden change of topic.

"I wish I was, I just have this huge crush on him and the day of his incident was our first day," I said, burying my face, embarrassed by my sudden honesty. She let out a small laugh and I raised my head to look at her. She smiled brightly at me and gestured for me to draw closer.

"Can you keep a secret? She asked, sounding serious.

Thank you all for your support and love💖💖. I hope you enjoyed this chapter...Don't forget to vote and comment if necessary

T'as d'beaux yeux, tu sais? Means "You have gorgeous eyes, you know?

RIP CHADWICK BOSEMAN💔